Continuing code execution when a modal form displayed....
Author Message
 Continuing code execution when a modal form displayed....

Hi,

It is possible to continue code execution in a timer event in one form when
another form is being displayed modally?

I'm trying to put to error trapping into a program that will display a form
if an error is detected an forbid any further user interaction until the
error is cleared and the form unloaded...

Regards

Lorne Smith
Computer Services Manager
Environmental Analysis Ltd

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Continuing code execution when a modal form displayed....
Once a form is modal, it has control of the windows messaging environment.
However, I set up a modal form to pop-up and the clock still kept ticking,
so there must be a way.  (Windows 98)

Quote:
> Hi,

> It is possible to continue code execution in a timer event in one form
when
> another form is being displayed modally?

> I'm trying to put to error trapping into a program that will display a
form
> if an error is detected an forbid any further user interaction until the
> error is cleared and the form unloaded...

> Regards

> Lorne Smith
> Computer Services Manager
> Environmental Analysis Ltd

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Continuing code execution when a modal form displayed....
How'd you manage it then?

Did you display with form with any special coding or just 'form1.show
vbmodal' ?

Quote:

>Once a form is modal, it has control of the windows messaging environment.
>However, I set up a modal form to pop-up and the clock still kept ticking,
>so there must be a way.  (Windows 98)

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. non-modal form when a modal form is displayed

2. display form while a modal form is displayed

3. modal form block program continue

4. modal form block program continue

5. modal form block program continue

6. ActiveX control on modal form give 'can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed'

7. Problem with draw order after calling modal a modal from from a modal form

8. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

9. Unloading modal owner form also unloads modal form?

10. Modal Form with Modal form using Control?

11. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

12. Modal Form can't open another Modal Form