Passing a Command SQL object a variable???
Author Message
 Passing a Command SQL object a variable???

I have a Da{*filter*}vironment with a Command object defined as a SQL Command.
What I need to do is call this SQL command with a variable and I'm having
problems inserting the variable into the SQL statement.

I can successfully create the SQL statement and call it like this:

Dim stTest as String

stTest = "Some of my SQL code" & variable & "more of my SQL"

RecordSet.Open stTest, Connection

...and it works just fine.  But what I want to do call it from within the
'DE.Command' syntax (so I can utilize the connection while it's already
open) and pass it the variable to use in the SQL.  Anyone have any advice?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dustin

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing a Command SQL object a variable???

2. Passing variables to an ADO Command or RecordSet Object in another frame

3. How to pass a variable into a SQL Statement Command is Data Environment

4. Problems passing variables for command line switches.

5. Passing Command Line Variables

6. Passing a variable in SQL Query

7. passing a variable into an SQL string?

8. Passing variables/objects between documents

9. Passing Variables from VB.net to SQL

10. How to pass the value of a variable to Session object

11. Problems passing a string variable to an SQL statement

12. Trying to pass variable after SQL WHERE