DLL, API With VB4
Author Message
 DLL, API With VB4

I recently need to call a C program from VB4, passing certain parameters
to and get some values back from & produce certain output to a flat
file.
But I have no ideas how to start. Do I have to first create my own DLL
or API including those C program and how to create DLLs?

Any advice with regard to this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL, API With VB4

I have created standard DLL's with the following steps:
        1.  Make the C code a DLL.
        2.  Write a C program to test the DLL.
        3.  Convert the DLL to VB calling convention and recompile.
        4.  Write a VB test program to see that everything is working.
I used Visual C++ 4.0 for the first three steps.  Hope this helps.

Wally

Quote:
> I recently need to call a C program from VB4, passing certain parameters
> to and get some values back from & produce certain output to a flat
> file.
> But I have no ideas how to start. Do I have to first create my own DLL
> or API including those C program and how to create DLLs?

> Any advice with regard to this issue will be greatly appreciated.

> Daniel

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL, API With VB4

2. Programming in VB4.0 with VINES API (VNSAPI32.DLL)

3. REQ: OLEPRO32.DLL, MFC40.DLL, MSVCRT40.DLL from VB4.0 Standard CD

4. Vb4: how large are the VB4/DB run time dll and Vbx files

5. API Viewer - Text API File for wininet.dll?

6. Creating a DLL in VB4 using MAPI and ODBC32.DLL

7. VB and DLL (ICQ-API-DLL)

8. API, DLL, AX-DLL

9. LogonUser API call in Windows 95/98 / How do you use Secur32.dll/Security.dll

10. API Viewer listings for wininet.dll and rasapi32.dll

11. LogonUser API call in Windows 95/98 / How do you use Secur32.dll/Security.dll

12. DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL