How Do I Get The Current URL From IE5 ??
Author Message
 How Do I Get The Current URL From IE5 ??

Hi,

My VB6 application needs to retrieve the current URL being displayed by an IE5 browser as a string.  The browser runs
independently of the application and must operate independently.

Any help appreciated

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:37:16 GMT
 How Do I Get The Current URL From IE5 ??
check

HOWTO: Connecting to a Running Instance of Internet Explorer
ID: Q176792

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:46:05 GMT
 How Do I Get The Current URL From IE5 ??
Hi-
    I used this a couple of years ago. Put two
labels and a button on a form. Will read the
URL from the topmost window of IE and Netscape.
(NeoPlanet too) Check it out, I haven't tried it
on any of the newer browsers, and I don't have VB5 or
6 on this machine.
Joe
______________________________snip________________________
Option Explicit

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    On Error GoTo errURL
    With Label1
        .Caption = ""
        .AutoSize = True
        .LinkTopic = "IExplore|WWW_GetWindowInfo"
        .LinkItem = "0xffffffff"
        .LinkMode = 2
        .LinkRequest
    End With
    DoEvents
    With Label2
        .Caption = ""
        .AutoSize = True
        .LinkTopic = "Netscape|WWW_GetWindowInfo"
        .LinkItem = "0xffffffff"
        .LinkMode = 2
        .LinkRequest
    End With
Exit Sub
errURL:
    Resume Next
End Sub
______________________________snip________________________

 Author of Yankee Clipper III. http://www.yankee-clipper.net
 Windows? clipboard enhancer. ZDNet Editors Five Star Pick.
 Voted "PricelessWare" by the users of alt.comp.freeware.

> Hi,

> My VB6 application needs to retrieve the current URL being displayed by an

IE5 browser as a string.  The browser runs
Quote:
> independently of the application and must operate independently.

> Any help appreciated

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:36:45 GMT

1. Getting the current page's URL

2. Getting current IE document URL

3. Getting the current page URL

4. Getting the current IE4 URl

5. URL, Getting the url using asp

6. Restrict access via code to URL Address link in IE5 or IE55

7. How to detect invalid URL with IE5?

8. disable the Url viualization in IE5

9. Maximum URL length for IE5?

10. How to launch an IE5 window and then populate it with a specific URL

11. how to get the Current IE5 handle

12. how to get the Current IE5 handle