Where can I find File handling routines?
Author Message
 Where can I find File handling routines?

I'm looking for 'a list' of the statements / functions that deal with files
(Kill file1.txt, Name File1.txt as File2.txt, etc). I can't find much about
this in the help files for VB.  Is there anything for Copy, Move, Rename,
etc.?

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where can I find File handling routines?

Quote:
>I'm looking for 'a list' of the statements / functions that deal with files
>(Kill file1.txt, Name File1.txt as File2.txt, etc). I can't find much about
>this in the help files for VB.  Is there anything for Copy, Move, Rename,

Open VB and load a project (new is okay), then press F2 to bring up the
object browser.
Search on "FileSytem".

Also, you can explore some new file stuff by adding the MS Scripting Runtime
reference to your project, and then do a search on "FileSystemObject".

Doug.

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where can I find File handling routines?
Doug,

What if I have an app already installed on my clients and I add the MS
Scripting Runtime reference to my project. When I create the new EXE
and distribute it to them, what else will I need to ship ?  Is it a
DLL that needs to be registered on the client's machine or can it only
be copied and things will work fine ?
Thanks a lot,

Wagner Maxsen

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:24:03 -0700, "Douglas Marquardt"

Quote:

>>I'm looking for 'a list' of the statements / functions that deal with files
>>(Kill file1.txt, Name File1.txt as File2.txt, etc). I can't find much about
>>this in the help files for VB.  Is there anything for Copy, Move, Rename,

>Open VB and load a project (new is okay), then press F2 to bring up the
>object browser.
>Search on "FileSytem".

>Also, you can explore some new file stuff by adding the MS Scripting Runtime
>reference to your project, and then do a search on "FileSystemObject".

>Doug.

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Where can I find File handling routines?
Hi Wagner:

Quote:
>What if I have an app already installed on my clients and I add the MS
>Scripting Runtime reference to my project. When I create the new EXE
>and distribute it to them, what else will I need to ship

I have never shipped an app yet that used that reference, but I suspect that
you must treat it as all other distributable references you include in your
application.  If you use the setupwizard (Package and Deployment Wizard) to
create your package, it should include the proper support files
automatically.

I guess one way to find out, is to create a test setup package (create a new
project that references that dll) and see what references it includes, etc.

Doug.

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. line graph in vb (canned routine)

2. handling a text file viewing routine

3. File handling routines for EVB

4. Simply file handling routine

5. find file routine in vb3

6. find file routine

7. File find routine

8. Find and Delete File Routine

9. File Find routines in Shell32.dll?

11. Find / Find next routine using ADO

12. VB5: convert VB file handle to OS file handle