Sendind and Receiving data from a serial port in Visual Basic
Author Message
 Sendind and Receiving data from a serial port in Visual Basic

Hello,
I've been asked to write a program in Visual Basic based on serial
communication. The help files focus on modems. So, they are of no use
to me. I'm supposed to be sending and receiving my data from a serial
cable cable connected to Comport 1 and Comport2 of my PC. I'm looking
for suggestions on how to write a simple program tha will accomplish
this. The data sent and received should be displayed on two separate
windows, just like using Hyperterminal.
Any suggestions, please?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sendind and Receiving data from a serial port in Visual Basic
Hi,

I have complete examples in my book.  See below for information.  I really
recommend it (why not?).  However, for what you want to do, you can download
XMComm.ocx from my homepage, and modify the example code that I furnish with
it!

--
Richard Grier
Hard & Software

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Receiving binary data from a serial port

2. Receive data thru the serial port.

3. Visual Basic Serial Port Handshake Question.

4. Communication with serial ports using Visual Basic...

5. Visual Basic Serial Port Handshake Question.

6. Using Visual Basic for Excel 97 to communicate with Serial Port

7. SERIAL PORT and VISUAL BASIC

8. USB Serial Port & Visual Basic

9. Can I read the Serial Port from Visual Basic

10. Receiving from serial port in qb4.5

11. Receiving ASCII Values Through Serial Port

12. mscomm - send/receive from serial port