Context Menus
Author Message
 Context Menus

Does anyone have any simple code to make a context menu that is available
not only in the application, but also all the time in the OS.  All the
samples I have had in the past are all so advanced and very large.  Thanks
for any help or direction.

~Justin

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Context Menus

Justin,

What you're looking for is called a shell extension -- you say you've had
some complex code for it before, and I can guarantee you that you won't find
anything else without some kind of third-party add-on. Bottom line is, no
matter what language you are using, shell extensions are large and complex.
If you haven't seen Microsoft's example, you can find it on the VB5 Owner's
Area.

--
Ben Baird, MVP
Microsoft SiteBuilder Network Level 2

Quote:

>Does anyone have any simple code to make a context menu that is available
>not only in the application, but also all the time in the OS.  All the
>samples I have had in the past are all so advanced and very large.  Thanks
>for any help or direction.

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disable context menu or close context menu

2. show a shortcut menu / popup menu / context menu

3. menu query (context menu on usercontrol)

4. Synchronise menus, toolbars, context menus etc.

5. Context Menus coming up first with Popup Menus

6. How to add a menu into the Explorer Context Menu

7. Right click menu (context menu?)

8. Context Menu Handlers disables standard menu items

9. Adding Menu Entries to Windows Context menu

10. disable menu point in TextBox context menu

11. Context menu. Where is the proper control for context menus

12. Context menu. Where is the control for context menu