DataEnv.Connection.State Property
Author Message
 DataEnv.Connection.State Property

Hi guys,

I did this experiment.  I had an ado connection to the SQL server open.  I shut
down SQL server and then looked at the state of the connection and it said it was
still open!  So how do I check if SQL server is still up and running?  I want to
write some error handling in case the server that SQL server is on goes down.

Thanks,
Mark

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:29:49 GMT
 DataEnv.Connection.State Property
ADO will report the error if you try to access the server by the invalid
connection.

Regards,
Ben

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:34:57 GMT

1. DataEnv.Connection.State Property

2. ADO Connection State Does Not Reflect Actual Connection State

3. Connection.State Property

4. How To Change server and Database for DataEnv Connection

5. Setting dataenv properties programmatically

6. Maintaining State - DB Connection

7. Outlook Connection State ...

8. Outlook Connection State

9. Internet Connection State using wininet.dll and InternetGetConnectedStateEx

10. Preserving Connection state in Application object

11. How to check state of TCP/IP connection

12. How to check state of TCP/IP connection