SQL Server & Row Bookmarking
Author Message
 SQL Server & Row Bookmarking

I am translating my application for use with SQL Server 6.5, and I have a
problem with bookmarking.  I am opening two recordsets, transferring data
one row at a time.  I need to save a bookmark for the row and capture the
Identity column (to pull a date from another table) of the row last
modified.  I am using the code below, and btw, this process worked fine when
running against Access.  The error I am getting is 'Invalid Procedure' on
the bookmark method.

Call Admn_OpenRecordset(Admn_Database, rsPsaposit, "psaposit")
    If rsPsaposit.BOF = False Then
        Call Admn_OpenRecordset(Admn_Database, rsPSA_POSITION,
"PSA_POSITION")
        Call Admn_OpenRecordset(Admn_Database, rsPSA_POSITION_DATE,
"PSA_POSITION_DATE")

        rsPsaposit.MoveFirst

        Do Until rsPsaposit.EOF

            rsPSA_POSITION.AddNew
                    Call mapPSA_POSITION(rsPsaposit, rsPSA_POSITION)
            rsPSA_POSITION.Update

            rsPSA_POSITION.BookMark = rsPSA_POSITION.LastModified

            glbAPosKey = rsPSA_POSITION.Fields!APosKey

Any help would be appreciated........Thanks.

Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bookmarking the last row in a grid

2. Bookmarking Datagrid Row?

3. Bookmarking records for SQL via VB4.0

4. Simple update to a row in a table in a SQL Server database

5. Detect New Row in SQL Server Table

6. row locking with MS SQL Server

7. Populating a DB-grid wit rows from large SQL server tables

8. Error: 40002 - 01S03: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]No rows updated or deleted

9. 2nd SQL Server update after update text field corrupts row - using RDO

10. RDC with dbgrid and SQL Server - can't insert first row

11. Sample code to delete rows from SQL Server

12. Error : 40002 - 01S03: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]No rows updated or deleted