Running Code on Dif Win Platforms
Author Message
 Running Code on Dif Win Platforms

PLEASE IGNORE ----stupid me.................

Quote:
>Hi and thanx in advance

>The code below runs fine on win98 but ignores the dbs.execute
>("UPDATE.... ) on win95.
>Are there any quirks to watch for between platforms?
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Dim resp$
>Dim dbs As DAO.Database
>Dim I As Long
>Dim K As Long
>Dim rst As DAO.Recordset

>resp = MsgBox("This action will delete the selected payment. Do you
>want to continue. Yes or No?", vbYesNo + vbQuestion +
>vbDefaultButton2, "Data Check")

>If resp = vbNo Then Exit Sub

>Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass

>I = DemandPaymentsList.Lv1.SelectedItem
>K = DemandPaymentsList.Lv1.SelectedItem.SubItems(1)

>Set dbs = OpenDatabase("C:\Parnalls\Data\Data-Mortgages.mdb", False,
>False, ";uid=;pwd=gijane")

>dbs.Execute "DELETE Payments.*, Payments.PaymentID FROM Payments WHERE
>Payments.PaymentID = " & [I]

>Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset("SELECT Demands.DemandID,
>Payments.DemandID FROM Demands INNER JOIN Payments ON Demands.DemandID
>= Payments.DemandID;")

>        If rst.RecordCount < 1 Then
>        dbs.Execute "UPDATE Demands SET Demands.P = 'N' WHERE
>        Demands.DemandID= " & [K]

>        ElseIf rst.RecordCount > 0 Then

>        End If
>        rst.Close
>dbs.Close

>Screen.MousePointer = vbDefault

Sun, 01 May 2005 19:38:03 GMT

1. errors in running vb4 apps on dif systems

2. Access97 won't close after running DAO code

3. Event code won't run under OutlookXP

4. Help: Action setting won't run VBA code in PPT slideshow

5. ADO 2.5 won't run 2.0 code?

6. Code won't run on web page

7. shellexecute on different win platforms

8. All Win-Platforms, long filenames??

9. Spelling Check from VB on Win 32 Platform

10. VB APP DEPLOYMENT PROBLEMS OVER ANY WIN PLATFORM

11. Platform Manager won't connect even though ActiveSync works fine

12. running code from Access that runs code in an excel spreadsheet