Overlaid objects
Author Message
 Overlaid objects

VB6

I have "inherited" a VB6 application that consists of a large
number of overlaid elements, almost all of which are started as
"visible = false".  As the user of the application interacts with
the interface, certain objects are made visible and others are
made invisible.  In general, it works as originally designed, and
I want to modify it some.

When I try to edit Main.frm, everything is overlaid.  How do I
get down to the object I want to modify, without modifying the
code of the objects "on top" in any way?  I just want to get at
them in order to, e.g. even identify them as being a particular
control, label, text box, etc., so I know what specific one to
work on to modify events.

Fred Holmes

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Overlaid objects
You can find the particular control on the properties window.

Greywolf Ghost

Quote:
> VB6

> I have "inherited" a VB6 application that consists of a large
> number of overlaid elements, almost all of which are started as
> "visible = false".  As the user of the application interacts with
> the interface, certain objects are made visible and others are
> made invisible.  In general, it works as originally designed, and
> I want to modify it some.

> When I try to edit Main.frm, everything is overlaid.  How do I
> get down to the object I want to modify, without modifying the
> code of the objects "on top" in any way?  I just want to get at
> them in order to, e.g. even identify them as being a particular
> control, label, text box, etc., so I know what specific one to
> work on to modify events.

> Fred Holmes

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Overlaid objects
    If certain controls are always accessed together, you could create a
series of borderless frame controls and use it as a container for a group of
controls.  Only one frame would be visible at one time and be placed in a
particular place on the form.  When you need to play around with the layout
of the controls on a particular frame, you can just move the other ones out
of the way.  The controls placed on the frame will stay in the same place
relative to the frame.  You can also just make the different frames visible
or not instead of doing this to each individual control.

    This also works great for tabbed dialogs.  Each tab would have one frame
(and associated controls) visible at any one time.

--
Paul Parkhurst
Software Engineer

Quote:
>VB6

>I have "inherited" a VB6 application that consists of a large
>number of overlaid elements, almost all of which are started as
>"visible = false".  As the user of the application interacts with
>the interface, certain objects are made visible and others are
>made invisible.  In general, it works as originally designed, and
>I want to modify it some.

>When I try to edit Main.frm, everything is overlaid.  How do I
>get down to the object I want to modify, without modifying the
>code of the objects "on top" in any way?  I just want to get at
>them in order to, e.g. even identify them as being a particular
>control, label, text box, etc., so I know what specific one to
>work on to modify events.

>Fred Holmes

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Overlaid objects
Will the Tab key do what you need?

LFS

Quote:

> VB6

> I have "inherited" a VB6 application that consists of a large
> number of overlaid elements, almost all of which are started as
> "visible = false".  As the user of the application interacts with
> the interface, certain objects are made visible and others are
> made invisible.  In general, it works as originally designed, and
> I want to modify it some.

> When I try to edit Main.frm, everything is overlaid.  How do I
> get down to the object I want to modify, without modifying the
> code of the objects "on top" in any way?  I just want to get at
> them in order to, e.g. even identify them as being a particular
> control, label, text box, etc., so I know what specific one to
> work on to modify events.

> Fred Holmes

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Overlaid objects
Frederick,

You can use the dropdown at the top of the Properties tool-window to
find and select any item, even if it is buried beneath other items.

-Rob Hajicek
 SevenStar Technologies

SEVENSTAR TECHNOLOGIES * PO Box 937 * St. Louis, MO 63011-0937

**** Our STARPRINT/VB code print program is FREE when you download...
**** ...our 30-day trial of OBJECT BRIEFCASE for VB 6.0 and VB 5.0.
**** OBJECT BRIEFCASE is A PROFESSIONAL control & code library add-in!
**** Create your own code wizards!  Add error handling to your code!
**** Trial version at: http://www.SevenStarTech.com/download.htm

> VB6

> I have "inherited" a VB6 application that consists of a large
> number of overlaid elements, almost all of which are started as
> "visible = false".  As the user of the application interacts with
> the interface, certain objects are made visible and others are
> made invisible.  In general, it works as originally designed, and
> I want to modify it some.

> When I try to edit Main.frm, everything is overlaid.  How do I
> get down to the object I want to modify, without modifying the
> code of the objects "on top" in any way?  I just want to get at
> them in order to, e.g. even identify them as being a particular
> control, label, text box, etc., so I know what specific one to
> work on to modify events.

> Fred Holmes

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Overlaid Connectors

2. VBA-assigning an OLE-object to an Ole-object-field

3. ActiveX-object can't make object - error

4. Determining Object Types in Bound Object Control

5. Calliing object method with object argument

6. Automating object insertion into an OLE Object field

7. How to store object to an object array?

8. OLEFormat.Object use with linked objects

9. Adding objects to a collection object

10. Range object, Selection object

11. Convert a Picture Object to an InlineShape Object

12. Object missing in UserForm's object cbo-box