How to Detect Running Programs
Author Message
 How to Detect Running Programs

Hi,

I missed the recent thread on this subject.  How can I detect a running
program given its complete pathname in VB4.  I'd like to limit the
instance of programs to 1.

--

Regards

Vitus Lee

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Detect Running Programs

How VB Can Determine if a Specific Windows Program Is Running
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q72/9/18.asp

--
Henri
remove "MyName"

: Hi,
:
: I missed the recent thread on this subject.  How can I detect a running
: program given its complete pathname in VB4.  I'd like to limit the
: instance of programs to 1.
:
:
:
:
: --
:
:
: Regards
:
:
:
: Vitus Lee
:

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Detect Running Programs

Hi,

I have received two replies via email.  However, they are not what I am
looking for.  One of them refers to the article on Microsoft Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q72/9/18.asp

This works providing you know the class name etc.  All I know is the
name of the application.  I do not know about the class name nor do I
know about the window caption.  Can anyone help?

Quote:

--

Regards

Vitus Lee

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to detect running program?

2. How to Detect Running Programs

3. Help needed detecting if a program is running

4. Two parter: Detect app already running, then pass command args to original program

5. Detecting if a program is already running

6. Detect, a program is running

7. HELP: Detecting whether an External Program is running.

8. detecting if a program is already running

9. Detect if a program is running w/o FindWindow

10. detect words on running programs

11. How to detect and kill a running program?

12. Detecting/closing a running program