Comparison of dates.. I.e. If Date1 < Date2 ??? Function to do this??
Author Message
 Comparison of dates.. I.e. If Date1 < Date2 ??? Function to do this??

How can I do a simple date comparison?  I know all the VB Routines to
get date, check date, convert into date, convert date into string, blah
blah.. but how about if I just want to do something like is   Date1 >
Date2 and is Date1 < Date 3 ??  I can only do < > = operations on
Numbers and strings, not dates.  Are there any built in functions that
can do date comparisons?  If not, anyone have any functions that they
wrote/seen that will do a simple date comparison?

  Please reply to email as well...
  Rick Di Lorenzo

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comparison of dates.. I.e. If Date1 < Date2 ??? Function to do this??
Search help for DateDiff

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comparison of dates.. I.e. If Date1 < Date2 ??? Function to do this??

Quote:

> How can I do a simple date comparison?  I know all the VB Routines to
> get date, check date, convert into date, convert date into string, blah
> blah.. but how about if I just want to do something like is   Date1 >
> Date2 and is Date1 < Date 3 ??  I can only do < > = operations on
> Numbers and strings, not dates.  Are there any built in functions that
> can do date comparisons?  If not, anyone have any functions that they
> wrote/seen that will do a simple date comparison?

Hi

check out 'datediff'

Michaela

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comparison of dates.. I.e. If Date1 < Date2 ??? Function to do this??
One way to compare dates is to convert them to a nice clean string variable

A$=date$:B$=yesterdaydate$

Now, compare the A$ and B$

that will get you through 1999. After that, you're on your own.

CAUTION:  If you use a machine that has internatal dates - dd/mm/yy you're in
deeper ca-ca.

Quote:

>> How can I do a simple date comparison?  I know all the VB Routines to
>> get date, check date, convert into date, convert date into string, blah
>> blah.. but how about if I just want to do something like is   Date1 >
>> Date2 and is Date1 < Date 3 ??  I can only do < > = operations on
>> Numbers and strings, not dates.  Are there any built in functions that
>> can do date comparisons?  If not, anyone have any functions that they
>> wrote/seen that will do a simple date comparison?

>Hi

>check out 'datediff'

>Michaela

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Select max(date1) < date2

2. If Date "between" Date1 and Date2 ...

3. <<<<<<<PROGRAMA GRATUITO PARA WINDOWS 95 /NT<<<<<<<<<<<

4. one SQL datacontrol or many TABLE datacontrols<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

5. *************** TRADING TRANSCENDER <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

6. Date - Date/time comparison - please help

7. Date2 minus Date1 , not more than 1 year (365 days ?)

8. Date2 minus Date1 , not more than 1 year (365 days ?)

9. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

10. Comparison: AS/400 150e <-> 170e

11. Please Help: TranslateMessage() API FUNCTION <<=============

12. Function keys in Turbo Basic <<<<<