Val command
Author Message
 Val command

Why does the following command return 0?
vStartingPoint = Val("James.dat     5")
It's my understanding, that it should return 5.

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Val command

Troy,

Quote:
> Why does the following command return 0?
> vStartingPoint = Val("James.dat     5")
> It's my understanding, that it should return 5.

No, that looks right.

Although it trims any leading spaces, when it reaches the first non-space,
it begins converting to a number. Alphabet characters (such as James.dat)
always have the value of 0.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. find null -> chg with specific val -> increment val

2. val("123") returns Variable is undefined: 'Val'

3. uninformed question regarding VAL

4. Syntax: xxx = yyy (Fix(Val(ya ya ya))) ???

5. Help needed with VAL function and control referencing

6. Val 17.5 %

7. Insert new rec, then pass new identity val back to Access97

8. funny val function behavior

9. Add X, Disp in TexBox the Val

10. VAL binary/decimal problem

11. Passing by VAL and VAR