Error -2147467259 - Could not find installable ISAM using ADO 2.1
Author Message
 Error -2147467259 - Could not find installable ISAM using ADO 2.1

Am getting the error (-2147467259 - Could not find installable ISAM) on the
line "comMSAccessCommand.Execute" in the procedure _ProcessCommand_ (see
below) but not in the procedure _DropWorkTables_. I'm using ADO 2.1, VB6,
Access 97, WINNT 4.0 SP6. Anyone able to help me? Do I need to update ADO,
VB6, and/or Access with service packs?

How do I check to see if service packs/updates have been applied to ADO,
VB6, and Access? Bottom of the

Private Function ProcessCommand(strCommandText As String) As Boolean

Dim conMSAccessConnection As ADODB.Connection
Dim comMSAccessCommand As ADODB.Command

On Error GoTo ProcessCommandErrHndlr

  Set conMSAccessConnection = New ADODB.Connection
  Set comMSAccessCommand = New ADODB.Command

  conMSAccessConnection.ConnectionString = MSACCESS_CONNECT_STRING

  conMSAccessConnection.Open

  comMSAccessCommand.CommandText = strCommandText
  comMSAccessCommand.CommandType = adCmdText
  comMSAccessCommand.ActiveConnection = conMSAccessConnection
  comMSAccessCommand.Execute

  conMSAccessConnection.Close

  Set comMSAccessCommand = Nothing
  Set conMSAccessConnection = Nothing

  ProcessCommand = True

Exit Function

ProcessCommandErrHndlr:

  MsgBox Str(Err.Number) & " " & Err.Description, vbExclamation, "Error!"
  ProcessCommand = False

End Function

Private Sub DropWorkTables()

Dim conMSAccessConnection As ADODB.Connection
Dim comMSAccessConnection As ADODB.Command
Dim rsWorkTablesSchema As ADODB.Recordset
Dim strTableName As String
Dim strTableType As String

On Error GoTo DropWorkTablesErrHndlr

  Set conMSAccessConnection = New ADODB.Connection
  Set comMSAccessConnection = New ADODB.Command
  Set rsWorkTablesSchema = New ADODB.Recordset

  conMSAccessConnection.ConnectionString = MSACCESS_CONNECT_STRING

  conMSAccessConnection.Open

  Set rsWorkTablesSchema = conMSAccessConnection.OpenSchema(adSchemaTables,
Array(Empty, Empty, Empty, "TABLE"))

  Do Until rsWorkTablesSchema.EOF

    strTableName = rsWorkTablesSchema!TABLE_NAME
    strTableType = rsWorkTablesSchema!TABLE_TYPE

    If strTableType = "TABLE" Then
      comMSAccessConnection.CommandText = "DROP TABLE " & strTableName
      comMSAccessConnection.CommandType = adCmdText
      comMSAccessConnection.ActiveConnection = conMSAccessConnection
      comMSAccessConnection.Execute
    End If

    rsWorkTablesSchema.MoveNext

  Loop

  rsWorkTablesSchema.Close
  conMSAccessConnection.Close

  Set rsWorkTablesSchema = Nothing
  Set comMSAccessConnection = Nothing
  Set conMSAccessConnection = Nothing

Exit Sub

DropWorkTablesErrHndlr:

  MsgBox Str(Err.Number) & " " & Err.Description, vbExclamation, "Error!"
  Resume Next

End Sub

TIA,
john

--
John Chambless

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error -2147467259 - Could not find installable ISAM using ADO 2.1

2. ADO 2.1 / Error -2147467259

3. Error: Could not find installable ISAM.

4. VB 3 Error 3170 Could Not Find Installable ISAM

5. Could'nt find installable ISAM - classic error but not easy

6. Error: Could not find installable ISAM.

7. Error - Could not find installable ISAM

8. Error: Could not find installable ISAM.

9. error 3170 Could not find installable ISAM

10. Error: Could not find installable ISAM

11. Cannot find installable ISAM error ---- using Access database

12. Can't find installable ISAM - ADO Nightmare!