How to write and read registry keys
Author Message
 How to write and read registry keys

Hello:

I'm looking for a sample of how to make new entries into
and read entries from the registry using VB6.

Thanks

Bill

Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:52:19 GMT
 How to write and read registry keys
While its obviously possible to write this yourself why not re-use the work
of others, would save you countless hours of crap...  Goto
http://vbaccelerator.com and look for this:

' Class:    cRegistry
' Author:   Steve McMahon
' Date  :   21 Feb 1997

Its a classwrapper around all the registry functions, should do everything
you need.

Of course you can always try the VB SaveSetting and GetSetting functions...
but this limits the output to the HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings
key.

Quote:
> Hello:

> I'm looking for a sample of how to make new entries into
> and read entries from the registry using VB6.

> Thanks

> Bill

Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:43:54 GMT

1. Class to Read/Write any Registry key

2. How to read/write a key to the registry

3. Read/write registry key using .asp or .hta

4. REGISTRY How can I read a registry key?

5. Read Registry Keys and Trees / API Call for Registry access

6. Writing a VBS file which reads and writes to the registry

7. Last write time of registry key

8. Writing to a registry key

9. Error when writing a registry key

10. WinAPI for writing to registry key