MSFlexGrid printing grid contents
Author Message
 MSFlexGrid printing grid contents

 I need to print the entire contents of a MSFlexGrid.  Anyone know how this
is properly handled.  Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Freeman

Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MSFlexGrid printing grid contents

Quote:
>  I need to print the entire contents of a MSFlexGrid.  Anyone know how
this
> is properly handled.  Thanks in advance.

The best way is to replace it with Videosoft's VSFLEX grid (which
MSFlexGrid is a subset of). When used with Videosoft's VSVIEW control, it
can print out the entire contents.

The alternative is to do all of this yourself in code, a simple, yet
tedious, sub-project.

--
Frank Carr

Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MSFlexGrid printing grid contents

The best way, purchasing the extended versions of the ocx's, is not an
option at the moment.  Can anyone please give me a hand with the next best
way.

I know it must be simple to print the entire contents of a FlexGrid but the
correct code eludes me.  My grid data is arranged by row with one fixed
column (first) per row.  My current method is printing each cell on a new
line by itself.  Thanks for any help or direction.
--
Tony Freeman

way is to replace it with Videosoft's VSFLEX grid (which

Quote:
>MSFlexGrid is a subset of). When used with Videosoft's VSVIEW control, it
>can print out the entire contents.

>The alternative is to do all of this yourself in code, a simple, yet
>tedious, sub-project.

>Frank Carr

Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MSFlexGrid printing grid contents

Quote:
> I know it must be simple to print the entire contents of a FlexGrid but
the
> correct code eludes me.  My grid data is arranged by row with one fixed
> column (first) per row.  My current method is printing each cell on a new
> line by itself.  Thanks for any help or direction.

You will need to cycle through the grid from row to row and from column to
column to do this. You can use the .Row, .Col, .Rows, .Cols, and
.TextMatrix properties to do this. You might also look at the .Clip
property of the grid as well. It might be able to do what you want as well.

The way to avoid problems and control the complexity is to write a lot of
the needed functionality out into separate routines. For example, you might
write a routine that reads a row and another one that prints it which are
both called from a routine that loops through the rows. Depending on how
you're handling the data, it might be feasible to create a class that would
manage the rows in the grid.

--
Frank Carr

Thu, 16 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Howto print MSFlexGrid contents ?

2. Printing contents of an Msflexgrid

3. need help to print contents in the MSflexgrid

4. Printing MSFlexGrid contents...HELP!!!!!

5. Printing contents of MSFlexGrid

6. Print Contents of a MSFlexGrid

7. How can I print grid contents ?

8. Printing the contents of a TrueData Grid std.

9. Printing contents of a grid control

10. Printing PictureBox and Grid Contents VB3

11. Copy (to clipboard) or print contents of GRID.VBX

12. Print contents of a grid