Returning Success/Failure Codes
Author Message
 Returning Success/Failure Codes

I have a vb application which is called from SQL Server Enterprise manager.
I need to return success 0 or failure -1 to Enterprise manager to indicate
that my process succeeded or failed.  Does anyone know how to do this in
VB5?

Thanks in advance,
John Keane

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Returning Success/Failure Codes

Quote:

>I have a vb application which is called from SQL Server Enterprise manager.
>I need to return success 0 or failure -1 to Enterprise manager to indicate
>that my process succeeded or failed.  Does anyone know how to do this in
>VB5?

I think that the following API call should do what you want.

      Private Declare Sub ExitProcess Lib "kernel32" (ByVal uExitCode As
Long)

I haven't done a lot of testing with this call in VB, so I don't know if
there are any "gotchas" with using it under VB5.

Frank Carr

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Returning Success/Failure Codes

2. Returning Success/Failure Codes

3. Returning Success/Failure Codes

4. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

5. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

6. ADODB.Command success or failure ???

7. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

8. Code Library Success

9. Code Library Add-In Success

10. return error message/failure to calling program

11. stored procedures: return codes and return status with rdo

12. Moving code causes failure