Copying screen
Author Message
 Copying screen

Hi all!

I'm making a program that needs to capture the whole screen and place it
into a image box. I thought I'd be able to use "sendkeys" to send the "Print
Screen" key but this didn't seem to be working so i consulted the VB help
that said the print screen key could not be sent to any application
(why!!!?). I've been racking my brains (and the net :) but i can't  find
another way to do it. Somebody please help!

Thanks in advance

Adam Ranson

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Copying screen
Go to the Tips&Tricks section of this page:
http://users.turboline.be/btl10148/ and look for 'How can I capture and
print the screen, a form, or any window ?'
You will have to adjust the code a little bit.

HTH,
Pieter Philippaerts,
http://users.turboline.be/btl10148/

Quote:
>Hi all!

>I'm making a program that needs to capture the whole screen and place it
>into a image box. I thought I'd be able to use "sendkeys" to send the
"Print
>Screen" key but this didn't seem to be working so i consulted the VB help
>that said the print screen key could not be sent to any application
>(why!!!?). I've been racking my brains (and the net :) but i can't  find
>another way to do it. Somebody please help!

>Thanks in advance

>Adam Ranson

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Copying screen
Hi-
    There's a good article in the Knowledge Base. Look
for it here-
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q161/2/99.asp?FR=0
Joe

 Microsoft Developer MVP- Visual Basic
 Check out Yankee Clipper Plus- August 98 PCComputing
 Mag "Amazing Free Stuff: Programs and Power Toys"
 http://www.tiac.net/users/lvasseur/ycphome.html
"There is only one good: knowledge, and one
evil: ignorance."  Socrates
 PS- Please reply to the newsgroup- except in the
 case of flames, insults, etc. (Don't bother.)

Quote:

>Hi all!

>I'm making a program that needs to capture the whole screen and place it
>into a image box. I thought I'd be able to use "sendkeys" to send the
"Print
>Screen" key but this didn't seem to be working so i consulted the VB help
>that said the print screen key could not be sent to any application
>(why!!!?). I've been racking my brains (and the net :) but i can't  find
>another way to do it. Somebody please help!

>Thanks in advance

>Adam Ranson

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Copying screen
Go crazy at vbnet ! ...

Mimicking the PrintScreen Function Using OLE
How to use the OLE interface to generate a PrintScreen routine in your
application.

Mimicking the PrintScreen Function Using BitBlt
How to implement the BitBlt API to mimic a PrintScreen routine in your
application.

Variations on Mimicking the PrintScreen Function Using BitBlt
Extending the above code to add Print Form and Print Any Window
capabilities.

Calling the Windows PrintScreen Function Using keybd_event
The API call to actually capture the screen to the clipboard.

 All in the Bitmap section.

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

To assist in maintaining this thread for the benefit of
others, please post any response to this newsgroup.

Quote:

>Hi all!

>I'm making a program that needs to capture the whole screen and place it
>into a image box. I thought I'd be able to use "sendkeys" to send the
"Print
>Screen" key but this didn't seem to be working so i consulted the VB help
>that said the print screen key could not be sent to any application
>(why!!!?). I've been racking my brains (and the net :) but i can't  find
>another way to do it. Somebody please help!

>Thanks in advance

>Adam Ranson

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copy screen to clipboard via API

2. Copying Screen / Taskbar in VB4

3. Copying screen

4. Copying screen

5. COPY SCREEN AREA TO CLIPBOARD

6. Q: Copy screen into a byte array

7. Screen copy API

8. Copying Excel screen shot to Word

9. Copy from screen

10. How to copy a screen capture in a Picture object

11. Copying current screen - Need help

12. Lankford Screen Copy Utility v1.4