Accessing files on a webserver.
Author Message
 Accessing files on a webserver.

Hi all,

I'm writing a small ActiveX control, using VB5 CCE, for my webpages.
This control needs data, stored in a normal ASCII file(s)
on the server, to work normal (like a newsticker).

My question is: how can I open the text file on the server and read and/or
modify its contents using VB5 CCE ?
If you can also give me some websites or books (titles) where I can find
some more information, that would be good too.

Thanks, Andy.

P.S. Send a copy of your answer to my email address, since I can't check
this newsgroup regularly. Remove NOSPAM from my email address.

Fri, 05 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. newcomer: accessing data file on the webserver

2. Access Database on a Webserver?

3. access to a webserver

4. access to webserver

5. Access DB on webserver

6. Connecting to an Access database using VBScript and Personal Webserver

7. Problem accessing powerpoint object on webserver

8. Access database on webserver

9. Connecting to an Access Database on a Webserver

10. Uploading a file to the webserver gives an EXCEPTION

11. File upload from a vb.net client to a webserver

12. Sending a file to a webserver