Referencing DLL on a central NT server
Author Message
 Referencing DLL on a central NT server

Hi,

  Normally I access DLLs on the same machine as the client EXEs, but now I
have to access a dll on a central NT server from about 20 client machines.

The Question is how ??
 - DCOM, can I use DCOMCFNG to set up a link so the EXE can find the DLL or
 - do I have to setup a proxy dll to act as a wrapper.

Any advice on the matter would be most appreciated...

Thanks

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:30:20 GMT
 Referencing DLL on a central NT server
It depends on what you're actually doing with the dll. All of the dll's /
ocx's I've created are on our server. As long as the registry points to them
there, you shouldn't have any problems.. The exe get's it's info from the
registry and couldn't care less if the dll is on your machine or on some
machine in Uganda (as long as there's a network connection or course)

Quote:
> Hi,

>   Normally I access DLLs on the same machine as the client EXEs, but now I
> have to access a dll on a central NT server from about 20 client machines.

> The Question is how ??
>  - DCOM, can I use DCOMCFNG to set up a link so the EXE can find the DLL
or
>  - do I have to setup a proxy dll to act as a wrapper.

> Any advice on the matter would be most appreciated...

> Thanks

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:57:16 GMT

1. Referencing a DLL on a central NT server

2. Internet Server Error : In Project Central Server

3. Project Central-Server Trial / Integrating Macs in Project/Exchange-Server Enviroment

4. Cannot upload project to Project Central Server

5. Running from Server or Central Location

6. Date and Time from a central server

7. NT workstationN Nt or T or server NT

8. ActiveX dll behavior with IIS 4.0 on NT server

9. ActiveX dll behavior with IIS 4.0 on NT server

10. DCOM from an Access95 VBA Application to a DLL on an NT Server

11. Deploying dll to nt server

12. ActiveX dll behavior with IIS 4.0 on NT server