Opening an HTML document
Author Message
 Opening an HTML document

I want to open a specific local HTML document in the default web browser of
the computer.  I was thinking of using the Shell command to launch iexplore
with command line options to open the page, but that doesn't use the default
web browser, but preselects Internet Explore.  Is there a way to open a
document with the default reader, like when you double click on it in
Windows Explorer?

Thanks,

Mike McGuire

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening an HTML document
More than likely, the default browser has the .htm files associated
to it.  So that double clicking on an .htm file in Windows Explorer
will launch the default browser with the file as the start up file.

IF the .htm files are assocated with a browser, you can simply use
the shell command (according to the help file) supplying the name of
the .htm file, if not, try the ShellExecute API routine.

LFS

Quote:

> I want to open a specific local HTML document in the default web browser of
> the computer.  I was thinking of using the Shell command to launch iexplore
> with command line options to open the page, but that doesn't use the default
> web browser, but preselects Internet Explore.  Is there a way to open a
> document with the default reader, like when you double click on it in
> Windows Explorer?

> Thanks,

> Mike McGuire

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opening a Html document

2. Trouble Opening a Word Document with VB.NET,Open member not found in Documents

3. Opening HTML document

4. Start Browser and open HTML-document

5. Opening a default HTML document while accessing a folder

6. how to gather html from several documents and place into one big document

7. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document

8. Converting RTF documents to HTML documents programmatically

9. How to open HTML file from VB6 code and let this HTML file show up

10. How to open HTML file from VB6 code and make this HTML file show up

11. Document Statistics Without Opening a Document

12. Opening Merge Document tries to remerge the document