Select a folder
Author Message
 Select a folder

Hi,

I have a problem, I want to select a folder and not a file while using
something like a commonDialog.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a way to do this. With commonDialog, you
have to select a file!

I want to select a file in order to, afterward, to save a lot of files in
it. One possibility I have is not to give the user the possibility to chose
were to save the files, but it is not elegant.

Thanks a lot in advance

--
Frank Bommeli
Ascom Systec AG

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Select a folder
Try the Browse for Folders method detailed at
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/callback/browsecallback.htm

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

Quote:

>Hi,

>I have a problem, I want to select a folder and not a file while using
>something like a commonDialog.

>Unfortunately, I was unable to find a way to do this. With commonDialog,
you
>have to select a file!

>I want to select a file in order to, afterward, to save a lot of files in
>it. One possibility I have is not to give the user the possibility to chose
>were to save the files, but it is not elegant.

>Thanks a lot in advance

>--
>Frank Bommeli
>Ascom Systec AG

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Interface to select a folder?

2. Browsing to select a folder

3. How to select a folder OpenFileDialog style?

4. Select a folder using CommonDialog?

5. Selecting multiple folders and files in commondialog box

6. Selecting a folder

7. Using Commondialog (VB6 Ent) to select a folder - NOT a file

8. select a folder using Common Dialog

9. Selecting a folder with DriveListBox and DirListBox

10. Common Dialog - Select a folder?

11. "Select A Folder" Dialog

12. Determine Selected Folder and Selected Item in Folder