Clipboard size limit
Author Message
 Clipboard size limit

There seems to be a clipboard limit of 32kb for plain text.  Copying text
from, or pasting text to, the clipboard with more than 32kb results in a few
(3 to 5?) unrecognized characters like "MZ ".

How can I work around this?

Regards,
Jon

Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard size limit

Jon-
        You neglected to say what platform (OS)
and version of VB (3/4/5). I wrote a relatively popular
program with VB4 for Win95/NT that handles big
(Huge- several megabytes.) chunks of data in the
clipboard. If you are using VB4/5 on 32bit Windows
I would say look elsewhere for your problem.
                                Good luck,
                                Joe

Microsoft Developer MVP- Visual Basic
"The unity of freedom has never relied on
uniformity of opinion."  (John F. Kennedy)
PS- Please reply to the newsgroup- except in the
case of flames, insults, etc. (Don't bother.)

Quote:
> There seems to be a clipboard limit of 32kb for plain text.  Copying text
> from, or pasting text to, the clipboard with more than 32kb results in a
few
> (3 to 5?) unrecognized characters like "MZ ".

> How can I work around this?

> Regards,
> Jon

Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard size limit

I'm using VB5.

Jon

Quote:

>Jon-
> You neglected to say what platform (OS)
>and version of VB (3/4/5). I wrote a relatively popular
>program with VB4 for Win95/NT that handles big
>(Huge- several megabytes.) chunks of data in the
>clipboard. If you are using VB4/5 on 32bit Windows
>I would say look elsewhere for your problem.
> Good luck,
> Joe
>--

>Microsoft Developer MVP- Visual Basic
>"The unity of freedom has never relied on
>uniformity of opinion."  (John F. Kennedy)
>PS- Please reply to the newsgroup- except in the
>case of flames, insults, etc. (Don't bother.)

>> There seems to be a clipboard limit of 32kb for plain text.  Copying text
>> from, or pasting text to, the clipboard with more than 32kb results in a
>few
>> (3 to 5?) unrecognized characters like "MZ ".

>> How can I work around this?

>> Regards,
>> Jon

Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Size of Controls limited by Form Size ?

2. Size of Controls limited by Form Size ?

3. Width Limit of Clipboard Content

4. Need help with clipboard limit

5. clipboard buffer size

6. how to get the size of clipboard context?

7. Size of the clipboard ?

8. size of clipboard contents

9. Size of the clipboard ?

10. Size of the clipboard ?

11. String Size Limit in Textbox and Listbox

12. Output To File Size Limits