Check if a CD has data or audio tracks
Author Message
 Check if a CD has data or audio tracks

I wan't to know if a CD has data and/or audio tracks on it.

At the moment I just try to start playing the cd and if the cd has data
on it the command fails. This is not only veeery slow but very ugly.

Any help/examples is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Michael Baar

                            http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Check if a CD has data or audio tracks

I examined several CD's in my drive of various publishing dates, and they
all started with Track01.cda. if you examine the file properties, the file
type is CD Audio Track.
Using Dir('Track01.cda') <> "" would tell you that this file does not
exist, but it is not infallible like getting the file type property.

Quote:

> I wan't to know if a CD has data and/or audio tracks on it.

> At the moment I just try to start playing the cd and if the cd has data
> on it the command fails. This is not only veeery slow but very ugly.

> Any help/examples is appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
> Michael Baar

> --

>                            http://home.t-online.de/home/Michael.Baar

Thu, 08 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Check if a CD has data or audio tracks

2. Check if a CD has data or audio tracks

3. Playing an audio track on a mixed-mode CD

4. Save Audio Tracks on a CD to wav files

5. Get tracks from CD-Audio

6. Playing Audio CD Tracks

7. Please Help: What keeps track of Audio CDs?

8. Problem: FileListBox containing CD Audio Tracks

9. MCI - Audio CD track frame offsets

10. Can't add more tracks to audio disk with EZ CD Pro and Yamaha 4100

11. Get tracks from CD-Audio

12. Retrieve tracks of CD AUDIO