Modifying Text Format in use without changing text in entire text box
Author Message
 Modifying Text Format in use without changing text in entire text box

Hi Adam:

Quote:
>>Can someone help me with the syntax for
>changing only the text being input at the cursor from the point of change
>forward until another change is made?

You can not do this with a standard vb textbox.  You will have to either
purchase a third party ocx or use the richedit textbox that comes with 32bit
VB.

Hope this helps,

Doug.

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Modifying Text Format in use without changing text in entire text box

You have to use a RichTextBox rather than a TextBox.
The properties and methods are all explained in the help file.
--
Regards,
Simon Jones

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Modifying Text Format in use without changing text in entire text box

This is probably quite simple, but I don't know the answer.  I'm writing
a program, and I would like to include the ability to change font style.
 When I apply the change, however, I am only aware of methods which
change the entire text box.  Can someone help me with the syntax for
changing only the text being input at the cursor from the point of change
forward until another change is made?

Thanks in advance,
Adam Cumming

Please respond to e-mail, as well as newsgroup.
Pacifier Online Data Service Dialup SLIP/PPP User
To register: (360) 693-0325 or telnet pods.pacifier.com

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Modifying Text Format in use without changing text in entire text box

Quote:
>You can not do this with a standard vb textbox.

Should Read: You can not do this with a standard vb textbox unless you
SubClass it.  Brad

Quote:

>You can not do this with a standard vb textbox.  You will have to either
>purchase a third party ocx or use the richedit textbox that comes with
32bit
>VB.

>Hope this helps,

>Doug.

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Question - Moving from text box to text box (without tab)

2. help: formatting rich text box/text box

3. Text box text on new page text box

4. using VB text boxes data but not text boxes in word 2000

5. Tabbing from text box to text box using the enter key

6. Enable=True without dimming text in text box

7. Formatted text from rich text box to Word

8. Copying text in .rtf format from one rich text box to another

9. Formatting text in a text box.

10. Displaying formatted text in a text box or grid

11. Formatting text in a rich text box

12. Formatting Lines of Text in a Rich Text Box Control