Accessing Access DB with password using VB 6.0
Author Message
 Accessing Access DB with password using VB 6.0

I need to access an Access 97 DB with the password: word
This is the string I have been trying:

Set dbsfence = OpenDatabase(appis, , False, "Microsoft Jet;pwd=word")

Where appis is the full path and name of Database. The error I get says
"password is invaild" or real close. I have tried several variations with no
luck.

This string:

Set dbsfence = OpenDatabase(appis)

worked fine till I added the password to the database.

Please Help!
Christopher Stubblefield

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Access DB with password using VB 6.0
Christopher,

Try the same statement you have now, but remove the "Microsoft Jet" portion
from the beginning.  Just start the password parameter with the semicolon as
follows:

Set dbsfence = OpenDatabase(appis, , False, ";pwd=word")

That should open the database for you.

Vinnie Murdico
Software with Brains, Inc.
Value-Priced Tools & Controls for VB Developers
http://www.softwarewithbrains.com

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Access DB with password using VB 6.0

Quote:
>I need to access an Access 97 DB with the password: word
>This is the string I have been trying:

>Set dbsfence = OpenDatabase(appis, , False, "Microsoft Jet;pwd=word")

>Where appis is the full path and name of Database. The error I get says
>"password is invaild" or real close. I have tried several variations with
no
>luck.

I hope you're aware just how totally useless putting a password on an
Access97 database is. From a standing start, it took me under 2 minutes to
break into my partner's password-protected Access97 database last week.
If you are interested in real security you have to use the old method - read
up on User-level security. It's relatively difficult to setup, but, AFAIK,
it's pretty effective.

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Access DB with password using VB 6.0
I have found that all parameters are required if the password is used. You
could try entering the default 'False' or 'True' after appis in the
opendatabase statement.

Here is one that I use:

Set db = OpenDatabase(sFileName, False, False, ;pwd=12345")

Cheers,
Larry Rebich

www.buygold.net

Voice: 760-771-4730, Fax: 760-771-4732
79685 Northwood, La Quinta, CA 92253

>I need to access an Access 97 DB with the password: word
>This is the string I have been trying:

>Set dbsfence = OpenDatabase(appis, , False, "Microsoft Jet;pwd=word")

>Where appis is the full path and name of Database. The error I get says
>"password is invaild" or real close. I have tried several variations with
no
>luck.

>This string:

>Set dbsfence = OpenDatabase(appis)

>worked fine till I added the password to the database.

>Please Help!
>Christopher Stubblefield

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Access DB with password using VB 6.0
Opps, string should be:

Set db = OpenDatabase(sFileName, False, False, ";pwd=12345")

Double quote was missing from in front of the ";"

Cheers,
Larry Rebich

www.buygold.net

Voice: 760-771-4730, Fax: 760-771-4732
79685 Northwood, La Quinta, CA 92253

Quote:

>I have found that all parameters are required if the password is used. You
>could try entering the default 'False' or 'True' after appis in the
>opendatabase statement.

>Here is one that I use:

>Set db = OpenDatabase(sFileName, False, False, ;pwd=12345")

>Cheers,
>Larry Rebich

>www.buygold.net

>Voice: 760-771-4730, Fax: 760-771-4732
>79685 Northwood, La Quinta, CA 92253

>>I need to access an Access 97 DB with the password: word
>>This is the string I have been trying:

>>Set dbsfence = OpenDatabase(appis, , False, "Microsoft Jet;pwd=word")

>>Where appis is the full path and name of Database. The error I get says
>>"password is invaild" or real close. I have tried several variations with
>no
>>luck.

>>This string:

>>Set dbsfence = OpenDatabase(appis)

>>worked fine till I added the password to the database.

>>Please Help!
>>Christopher Stubblefield

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing Access DB with password using VB 6.0

2. Accessing Access DB with password using VB 6.0

3. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

4. Problem using Access 97 Database Password in Visual Basic 6.0

5. Problem using Access 97 Database Password in Visual Basic 6.0

6. Accessing a Password Protected Access DB

7. using data control on password protected access db

8. Example using CRPE.DLL, Access DB with a Password (no Userid)

9. Using ADO to open a password protected Access DB.

10. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code

11. Create a db access db with password

12. Create a db access db with password