Internet Transfer Protocol
Author Message
 Internet Transfer Protocol

Hi there,

I have some problems when using the Internet Transfer Protocol Inet
component. I want to transfer textfiles from a VAX/VMS machine using:

Inet1.Execute "Get " & Remotefilename.txt Localfilename.txt

The file is transferred without any problems to my local drive but WITHOUT
carriage return and line breaks. When using the ftp-application in MS-DOS ,
one  could use the BINARY command to force the remote server to transfer the
files binary but what should I do with the INET component. I still want to
use the "GET" statement and I don't want to reread the file on the
localdrive and divide the line into several different lines.

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this?

Regards

Tomas Lundin

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Protocol

I think this will work for you.

After logon to the ftp,

Inet1.Execute szURL, "bin"
Inet1.Execute szURL, "get " & szFileName

Kenny Lim

Quote:

>Hi there,

>I have some problems when using the Internet Transfer Protocol Inet
>component. I want to transfer textfiles from a VAX/VMS machine using:

>Inet1.Execute "Get " & Remotefilename.txt Localfilename.txt

>The file is transferred without any problems to my local drive but WITHOUT
>carriage return and line breaks. When using the ftp-application in MS-DOS ,
>one  could use the BINARY command to force the remote server to transfer
the
>files binary but what should I do with the INET component. I still want to
>use the "GET" statement and I don't want to reread the file on the
>localdrive and divide the line into several different lines.

>Does anybody have any idea how to solve this?

>Regards

>Tomas Lundin

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Protocol

If there is nothing to break the lines then they must be parsed
line by line.

Are you looking at the lines through a text box, another program,
through VB code, or is this something that you just know and
have had experience with.....because (you may know this) there
may be characters actually line breaking the file that are not
showing up in your textbox or other. Could be any character.
You would only need to replace each character with

Chr$(10) & Chr$(13)

Or your lines may also be broke by a set width which is very simple to
parse using mid$ statement.

Good luck,

Tim Kessler
Fax Cards
"Printing America's Business Cards'"
http://www.kih.net/faxcards

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Protocol

Quote:

>If there is nothing to break the lines then they must be parsed
>line by line.
<cut>
>You would only need to replace each character with
>Chr$(10) & Chr$(13)

<cut>

Make that Chr$(13) & Chr$(10), or the constant vbCRLF

Chr$(10) & Chr$(13) is LF followed by CR and that may not always work
properly.  CR followed by LF is the standard order.

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Protocol

Tomas Lundin escribi en mensaje ...

Quote:
>Hi there,

>I have some problems when using the Internet Transfer Protocol Inet
>component. I want to transfer textfiles from a VAX/VMS machine using:

>Inet1.Execute "Get " & Remotefilename.txt Localfilename.txt

>The file is transferred without any problems to my local drive but WITHOUT
>carriage return and line breaks. When using the ftp-application in MS-DOS ,
>one  could use the BINARY command to force the remote server to transfer
the
>files binary but what should I do with the INET component. I still want to
>use the "GET" statement and I don't want to reread the file on the
>localdrive and divide the line into several different lines.

>Does anybody have any idea how to solve this?

>Regards

>Tomas Lundin

>no know....

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Uploading Multiple Files: Internet Transfer Protocol

2. Internet transfer Protocol + file

3. Downloading files using Internet transfer protocol

4. Downloading Files Using the internet transfer protocol

5. Internet Transfer Protocol

6. Internet Transfer Protocol

7. Internet Transfer Protocol

8. internet transfer protocol

9. Internet Transfer Protocol

10. Internet Transfer Protocol: FTP session

11. Internet Transfer Protocol

12. Internet Transfer Protocol