Font Color of disabled textbox
Author Message
 Font Color of disabled textbox

Hi

If I place a textbox disabled, then the text has a grey
color. Does somebody know how I can keep the normal black
text color?

Thank U

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 23:17:35 GMT
 Font Color of disabled textbox

Quote:
> Hi

> If I place a textbox disabled, then the text has a grey
> color. Does somebody know how I can keep the normal black
> text color?

As Craig said, if you just want the textbox to be read-only, set its Locked
property to True.  If you really want the textbox disabled, place it in a
picturebox (or frame or some other container control) and set that
picturebox or frame's Enabled propert to False, leaving the textbox's
Enabled property = True.

Mike

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 02:05:24 GMT
 Font Color of disabled textbox

Quote:

> If I place a textbox disabled, then the text has a grey
> color. Does somebody know how I can keep the normal black
> text color?

You can use the Locked property instead of the Enabled property.  If
the textbox is locked, it can receive the focus but the user cannot
change the text.

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:06:24 GMT
 Font Color of disabled textbox

Quote:
> Hi

> If I place a textbox disabled, then the text has a grey
> color. Does somebody know how I can keep the normal black
> text color?

Is this TextBox ever going to be used for user input? If not, you might
use a Label control with its properties set to look like a TextBox. If
Craig's suggestion to use the Locked property works for you, fine. If
you don't want the control to be able to receive focus (and if a Label
doesn't work for you), you could put the TextBox **in** (not "on top
of") a Container (PictureBox, Frame, etc.) and set the Container's
Enabled property to False.

Rick - MVP

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:46:26 GMT

1. font color in disabled textbox control

2. Change font and font color inside a textbox

3. font color in disabled maskedit control

4. Standard Font Available in Disabled TextBox?

5. TextBox Disabled Font Colour

6. Help with disabled textbox Color...

7. How to change background color of a disabled Textbox

8. Disable TextBox and text color

9. Setting Disabled color on a textbox?

10. Multi Fonts, Multi Colors TextBox Control!

11. Change the color of a disabled textbox

12. Textbox - Enabled False - Font Color