#DEFINE IN .RC (RESOURCE) FILE
Author Message
 #DEFINE IN .RC (RESOURCE) FILE

Hi

In a nutshell, I can't #define in a resource file

I have tried to #define resource string statement as in below

#define ID_MyString     1

BEGIN
        ID_MyString     "Hello there"
END

Then in my code

debug.Print LoadResString(ID_MyString)

I get an error: Something like:    "No such resource '0'". In other words
VB thinks ID_MyString is a variable.

Does anyone know why this is??

Thanks

Dev.

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compile RC-file to Resource-file with RC.exe

2. Resource files rc/res problem :(

3. Q:Resource file (.RC) editor

4. I need a tool for edititing resource files (.res or .rc)

5. translations (resource, *.rc) available?

6. VB Forms to .RC resource scripts

7. Calling RC.DLL instead of rc.exe

8. I want Commonrc.rc, Setup1.rc in your VB5.0 setup kit directory

9. help compile .rc to .res file

10. Storing executables in .rc files?

11. Making a Resource file, or Data resource in a Module

12. User Defined Resources, LoadLibrary failed when register