Printing Multi-Pages On A page
Author Message
 Printing Multi-Pages On A page

I am thinking of writing some kind of a device driver that allows a person
to print multiple pages on a page.

Say, for example, you are going to print out a hard-copy of a cd-rom book.
Assume also that the book is 200 pages long. You look at a sample printout
of a page and find that perhaps scaling it to a 1/4 of its original size is
acceptable, so naturally you would like to print four logical pages on one
physical page. Maytbe even nine, whatever.

I know I have seen this type of technique before, but I have never found the
software that actually does it.

Conceptually it seems easy enough, but I am not sure of the implementation.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Dan Brunermer

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Multi-Pages On A page
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:08:47 -0400, "Dan Brunermer"

Quote:

>I am thinking of writing some kind of a device driver that allows a person
>to print multiple pages on a page.

>Say, for example, you are going to print out a hard-copy of a cd-rom book.
>Assume also that the book is 200 pages long. You look at a sample printout
>of a page and find that perhaps scaling it to a 1/4 of its original size is
>acceptable, so naturally you would like to print four logical pages on one
>physical page. Maytbe even nine, whatever.

>I know I have seen this type of technique before, but I have never found the
>software that actually does it.

I use software called FinePrint which can print 2,4 or 8 pages per
sheet, does it for any printer, on all versions of Windows (including
NT).  See www.singletrack.com - it's shareware, and can be registered
online.

Quote:
>Conceptually it seems easy enough, but I am not sure of the implementation.

FinePrint does it by being a printer driver.  Thus, it can capture
output from any Windows program.  It processes the output, then passes
it to another specified printer driver - eg the one for your physical
printer, your fax driver or whatever.

Quote:
>Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Personally, I think it would be difficult to do this as a printer
driver with VB.

Zak

Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Multi-Pages On A page
Go here you'll find what you're looking for:
And ...... it's FREEEEEE

http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint

Hope this helps.
Greetings from Holland,
R. Evers

Quote:

> I am thinking of writing some kind of a device driver that allows a person
> to print multiple pages on a page.

> Say, for example, you are going to print out a hard-copy of a cd-rom book.
> Assume also that the book is 200 pages long. You look at a sample printout
> of a page and find that perhaps scaling it to a 1/4 of its original size is
> acceptable, so naturally you would like to print four logical pages on one
> physical page. Maytbe even nine, whatever.

> I know I have seen this type of technique before, but I have never found the
> software that actually does it.

> Conceptually it seems easy enough, but I am not sure of the implementation.

> Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

> Dan Brunermer

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing Multi-Pages On A page

2. Printing Multi-Pages On A page

3. Printing multi page report to multi bins vb4 crystal5

4. Printing multi page report to multi bins vb4 crystal5

5. Extract a single page from a multi-page TIFF to a file

6. Printing a multi-page TreeView ActiveX object

7. Printing a multi-page TreeView ActiveX

8. Need to print multi-page RTF or HTML files

9. Multi-page report printing on different tray

10. Print a multi-page RTF from VB?

11. Print report page footer last page only?

12. Word not printing total number of pages in page footer correctly