Talking to IP addresses?
Author Message
 Talking to IP addresses?

Is it possible (of course it is) to send little bits of info accross to
a fixed IP?
At the moment my app puts the info (a timestamp and custID) into a
database, but wouldn't it be neater (especially if I want to include
some chat bits) to send it directly to the IP?

Can you help?
I would love you forever!

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Talking to IP addresses?
The fastest way to do this is to download a WinSock OCX from the internet
(there's lots of them) and use the sample projects to find out how to do it...

regards,
Henrik Grotle
N-6800 F?rde, Norway

Software developer VB4, RPG, HTML, Perl

To reply to this posting please remove nospam. from the e-mail adress.

Quote:
>Is it possible (of course it is) to send little bits of info accross to
>a fixed IP?

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems talking to an IP address

2. How to get IP my IP address

3. TCP/IP IP address and multiple adapters

4. changing of IP-address and other IP parameters

5. Network adapter question: how to put ip address and MAC addresses together

6. Mapping IP address to MAC address (VB5.0)

7. IP Address & MAC Address

8. VBscript for IP Address, Mac Address, Username

9. : TCP/IP address via email address

10. MAC Address to IP Address

11. MAC Address to IP Address

12. MAC address --> IP address