Ejecting Disks off a MAC computer
Author Message
 Ejecting Disks off a MAC computer

Dear All,

I personally love IBM's. Where I work, their are Macintoshes running Windows
95 using that special chip in the computer. They go to IBM mode using the
SHIFT-ENTER I beleive. Anyway, if you insert a disk while you are in the IBM
mode and go back to the MAC mode you will not see the DISK icon on the
desktop. Therefore you cannot eject either. Windows 95 was designed to work
with MACS so it doesn't have any place to eject the disk. It doesn't contain
aPI's either. I was thinking the access the port where the Disk drive is
being read and send it the values it needs to get the EJECT idea.

Does anyone know what to send the disk drive. Does anyone know what port it
is located under MACS? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Farshad Hemmati

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ejecting Disks off a MAC computer
well I no probably less about Macs than most but IM assuming that if it is a
floppy disk it can not be done as far as I know I mean you might be able to
do it but i've never heard of anything like that in windows except zip
drives

Quote:
>Dear All,

>I personally love IBM's. Where I work, their are Macintoshes running
Windows
>95 using that special chip in the computer. They go to IBM mode using the
>SHIFT-ENTER I beleive. Anyway, if you insert a disk while you are in the
IBM
>mode and go back to the MAC mode you will not see the DISK icon on the
>desktop. Therefore you cannot eject either. Windows 95 was designed to work
>with MACS so it doesn't have any place to eject the disk. It doesn't
contain
>aPI's either. I was thinking the access the port where the Disk drive is
>being read and send it the values it needs to get the EJECT idea.

>Does anyone know what to send the disk drive. Does anyone know what port it
>is located under MACS? Any help would be appreciated.

>Thank You
>Farshad Hemmati

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ejecting Disks off a MAC computer
Hmm, learn about the MCI API, and send some commands like this to the drive:

open cdaudio alias test
set test door open

This should open the drive door just like the Win95 CD player.

The declarations for the MCI functions you will want to use are:

Declare Function mciSendString Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "mciSendStringA" (ByVal
lpstrCommand As String, ByVal lpstrReturnString As String, ByVal
uReturnLength As Long, ByVal hwndCallback As Long) As Long

Declare Function mciGetErrorString Lib "winmm.dll" Alias
"mciGetErrorStringA" (ByVal dwError As Long, ByVal lpstrBuffer As String,
ByVal uLength As Long) As Long

Hope this helps...

Vince Valenti

Quote:
>Dear All,

>I personally love IBM's. Where I work, their are Macintoshes running
Windows
>95 using that special chip in the computer. They go to IBM mode using the
>SHIFT-ENTER I beleive. Anyway, if you insert a disk while you are in the
IBM
>mode and go back to the MAC mode you will not see the DISK icon on the
>desktop. Therefore you cannot eject either. Windows 95 was designed to work
>with MACS so it doesn't have any place to eject the disk. It doesn't
contain
>aPI's either. I was thinking the access the port where the Disk drive is
>being read and send it the values it needs to get the EJECT idea.

>Does anyone know what to send the disk drive. Does anyone know what port it
>is located under MACS? Any help would be appreciated.

>Thank You
>Farshad Hemmati

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ejecting Disks off a MAC computer

Most Mac Windows emulators rely on the user to eject a floppy disk, as
this is a truly manual function on Windows machines.  Try the
Command-Shift-1 (one) hotkey.  Command is the button with the
"cloverleaf" and/or the Apple logo on it.

If you want to eject the disk from a Windows program, then you will need
to discuss the emulation API with the vendor of the particular Windows
emulator on your Macs.  Be aware that adding this function might break
your application on Windows PC's, as this API won't exist.

     - Greg

Quote:

> Dear All,

> I personally love IBM's. Where I work, their are Macintoshes running Windows
> 95 using that special chip in the computer. They go to IBM mode using the
> SHIFT-ENTER I beleive. Anyway, if you insert a disk while you are in the IBM
> mode and go back to the MAC mode you will not see the DISK icon on the
> desktop. Therefore you cannot eject either. Windows 95 was designed to work
> with MACS so it doesn't have any place to eject the disk. It doesn't contain
> aPI's either. I was thinking the access the port where the Disk drive is
> being read and send it the values it needs to get the EJECT idea.

> Does anyone know what to send the disk drive. Does anyone know what port it
> is located under MACS? Any help would be appreciated.

> Thank You
> Farshad Hemmati

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ejecting Disks off a MAC computer

2. Ejecting Disks off a MAC computer

3. Ejecting Disks off a MAC computer

4. How to eject a removable disk ( not cd-rom ) from vb5

5. eject removable disk

6. Eject a Zip disk with Visual Basic

7. Ejecting floppy disk from code

8. ejecting Jaz disk with vb6...

9. ejecting iomega disk.....

10. Ejecting Disks

11. API to eject CD-ROM disk

12. HOWTO: Detect a disk has been ejected?