Tough Database Question
Author Message
 Tough Database Question

This one is a good one...

I am accessing a Sybase database using ODBC.  I execute a query using a
RecordSet.  I do the classic MoveFirst, MoveLast, and MoveFirst and then
check the RecordSet.RecordCount property and it spits out a negative number.

After a few hours of research I found that the negative number is the same
as the number of "estimated rows" that shows up when I execute the query
manually from Sybase's ISQL.

Currently, I have to run through each record incrementing a counter, or
execute the query using the "Count" function and then execute the query
again for real.  I don't know about you but I think that is kind of a waste.

Any help would be appreciated...

--
-Shane Russell-
[Remove the "no" and "spam" from my address to reply]

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. A tough one, editable grid with database lookup, real-time data feed and calculation

2. tough question for gurus!

3. Tough questions...

4. Mathmatical Genious Needed for this tough question

5. TOUGH Question - Late Bound COM objects and VB.NET

6. tough question for powerbasic

7. a few tough questions

8. a few tough questions

9. REALLY TOUGH QUESTION

10. A tough question - but interesting...

11. tough textbox question

12. Animated GIF's - Tough Question