installing fonts
Author Message
 installing fonts

Hi,

  On Friday, I thought I posted a question concerning installing fonts,
but I can't find it.  Maybe there was a{*filter*}ch.

  Anyway I just wrote a VB5 app that gives the user 4 True Type fonts to
pick from to create a report (Arial, Times Roman, Signature, Courier
New).  How can I ensure that they are there???  I'm using Wise Installer
and I think it can "install" fonts, but I was wondering if this is
something I should do from inside VB.  I'm also worried about copying
over an existing font file of the same name...I'd hate to mess up the
user's other apps! Any thoughts on how I can make sure those 4 fonts are
on the users computer and to install them if needed is GREATLY
appreciated!

Thanks!
Brad Stone

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 installing fonts
Hello Brad,
Perhaps you could try something along the lines as this:

Dim intIndex As Integer

With Screen

    For intIndex = 1 To .FontCount

        If StrComp(<YourFontNameGoesHere>, .Fonts(intIndex)) = 0 Then

            ' Found it, do something...

        End If

End With

Now, according to the documentation, fonts available in Visual Basic vary
according to your system configuration, display devices, and printing
devices.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

David Pendleton
---
In-process Software, Inc.

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Font Dialog - installed fonts...

2. Install Font through VBA

3. automatically printing installed fonts

4. Install fonts from VBA

5. Installed Fonts in Listbox

6. Install FONT

7. How ? install fonts with setup wizard

8. Installing fonts with the setup program

9. Install Fonts

10. Installing Fonts - VB5 Setup

11. Installing fonts

12. installing fonts with apps?