mdichild at run time
Author Message
 mdichild at run time

The VB IDE can be changed, but it requires restarting the program.  This is
because the API styles used to create an MDI and SDI differ, and can not
change once the window class has been registered on startup. VB does not
provide for this somewhat dynamic setting of the MDI Child property,
because the class and createwindow vars are determined from the design-time
properties, and compiled as such into the final app.

--
Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

Moderator, Fidonet Visual Basic Programmer's Conference
VBnet, The Visual Basic Developers Resource Centre
http://www.*-*-*.com/

: Hi doug,
:
: in fact I just want to store my form in a vb class and when I want to
: show it I want to choose if its an MDIChild or not.
:
: for example you can change your configuration of the IDE of Visual Basic
: to have it in SDI. all the modern application can be excuted in SDI or
: MDI mode (visual basic, lotus notes....)
:
: if it's still not clear, ask me more information
:
: david
:
:

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 mdichild at run time

Hi David:

Quote:
>in fact I just want to store my form in a vb class and when I want to
>show it I want to choose if its an MDIChild or not.

You can not change the style of the form at runtime (see Randy's reply).

I guess, what you could do is have duplicate forms, one MDI the other not.
Of course this would probably take up a lot of resources and more than
likely
double the size of your exe (don't know for sure because I have never tried
it <g>).

Doug.

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. mdichild at run time

2. is there an API fn to change .mdichild at run-time?

3. Help w/ SetParent to make form MDIChild at run-time??

4. Change MDIChild property at run-time

5. Setting the MDIChild property of a form at run-time

6. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

7. Code running in design time or run-time?

8. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

9. Creating MDIChild forms at design Time

10. How To: Set MDIChild to design time height/width as runtime

11. How To: Set MDIChild to design time height/width as runtime

12. Run-Time Error 2486 - Can't Carry Out Operation at Present Time