Help needed with VB5 - Serial Comm's Problem
Author Message
 Help needed with VB5 - Serial Comm's Problem

I have a trouble converting this line from QBasic in VB5

                    OPEN "com1:2400,e,7,1,cs,ds" FOR RANDOM AS #1

I use normally MSComm but now I need to manage a device that requires cs,ds
parameters and
I don't understand how to translate this params in MSComm's
Please help me!
thanks to all

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help needed with VB5 - Serial Comm's Problem
You might want to look at a thrid party comm control Like PDQComm or others.
Quote:

>I have a trouble converting this line from QBasic in VB5

>                    OPEN "com1:2400,e,7,1,cs,ds" FOR RANDOM AS #1

>I use normally MSComm but now I need to manage a device that requires cs,ds
>parameters and
>I don't understand how to translate this params in MSComm's
>Please help me!
>thanks to all

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Serial comm with vb and comm control

2. Serial Port Comm between 2 VB5 Apps?

3. I need testers for serial port comm DLL and alpha paging DLL (Delphi, C/C++, VB)

4. serial comm problems on fast PCs

5. VB6 serial comm problems

6. PLEASE HELP: SERIAL COMM PROB

7. please help, serial comm. pooling

8. Serial Comm and DCB help

9. I need to obtain a bios's or mother's serial number in VB

10. Help needed for VB Serial port problem

11. Telepath II V not working with VB5's Comm control

12. VB5 Set up need help can't run app on clients comp