How to detect wheter Excel is instaled?
Author Message
 How to detect wheter Excel is instaled?

For an aplication I am developing in vb4(16 and 32), I'd like to have a
button which when is pressed, starts Microsoft Excel. But if Excel is not
installed in the machine, I'd like the button to be invisible.

1) How can I know whether Excel is installed on the machine where my app
will be running?
2) How can I know where is the file I have to execute tu run Excel?

I'd like a method that works in Win 3.x, win95 and NT with any version of
Excel.
Am I asking to much?

Anticipated Thanks!!!

===================================
Pedro J. Rusjan

===================================

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Detecting EOF for Excel file using Excel Application Object

2. Application doesn't run when 1.1 instaled

3. Check wheter online or not

4. how to detect if I am connected?

5. Determining wheter a window is on top of the screen

6. Detecting when i am online

7. Detecting when i am online

8. Where am I in Excel

9. I am looking for an example on how to combine word and excel

10. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

12. Must i have ODBC instaled to access a mdb database from excel? (Not from MS Query)