Treeview
Author Message
 Treeview

Im looking for a Treeview control with CheckBoxes next to each node (to use
for muliple node selection).  I heard that VB6.0 includes them, but, I have
VB6.0 and I cant seem to locate such a control (or control property).
Thanks!

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treeview
I'm not certain of this (haven't tried to use check boxes with a treeview)
but I don't think that VB6 has this ability. However, you can accomplish
this with the listbox. Will this work for you?

Quote:
>Im looking for a Treeview control with CheckBoxes next to each node (to use
>for muliple node selection).  I heard that VB6.0 includes them, but, I have
>VB6.0 and I cant seem to locate such a control (or control property).
>Thanks!

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treeview
I'm developing a form that users will use to select from a list of
permissable directories, and when finished selecting,  will hit an 'Update'
button to create the directories.  I need to allow the users to select
multiple items, right now I am just changing a nodes image when a user
double clicks on it, and when they hit the 'Ok' button, I loop through the
nodes collection for nodes with the 'selected' image.

Does a list box handle node creation the same as as treeview?  Meaning, do I
have to specify a relative/relationship for each new node?

Quote:

>I'm not certain of this (haven't tried to use check boxes with a treeview)
>but I don't think that VB6 has this ability. However, you can accomplish
>this with the listbox. Will this work for you?

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treeview
Hi Jon.  Maybe I'm missing something here, but with the VB6 Treeview you can
set it's CheckBoxes Property to True in order to have CheckBoxes next to
each node.  True multiple selection with a TreeView where pressing SHIFT and
clicking the mouse or pressing SHIFT and one of the arrow keys (UP ARROW,
DOWN ARROW, LEFT ARROW, and RIGHT ARROW) extends the selection from the
previously selected Node to the current Node -  or pressing CTRL and
clicking the mouse selects or deselects a Node in the nodes collection is a
whole different ballgame though.

CheckBoxes For VB6:

TreeView1.Checkboxes = True

CheckBoxes For VB5:

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/comctl/tvcheckbox.htm

To locate the VB6 TreeView Control:

The TreeView control is located in the MCCOMCTL.OCX and is displayed as
'Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0' in the Components Dialog.

'--------
galen

Quote:
>Im looking for a Treeview control with CheckBoxes next to each node (to use
>for muliple node selection).  I heard that VB6.0 includes them, but, I have
>VB6.0 and I cant seem to locate such a control (or control property).
>Thanks!

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treeview
Thanks galen.
I found the treeview, and I currently use it in my app, but I manipulate the
node image when the user double clickss on the node, and then use the node
image to keep track of a nodes 'selection' status.  The checkboxes should be
a bit cleaner...  Thanks!

Quote:

>Hi Jon.  Maybe I'm missing something here, but with the VB6 Treeview you
can
>set it's CheckBoxes Property to True in order to have CheckBoxes next to
>each node.  True multiple selection with a TreeView where pressing SHIFT
and
>clicking the mouse or pressing SHIFT and one of the arrow keys (UP ARROW,
>DOWN ARROW, LEFT ARROW, and RIGHT ARROW) extends the selection from the
>previously selected Node to the current Node -  or pressing CTRL and
>clicking the mouse selects or deselects a Node in the nodes collection is a
>whole different ballgame though.

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Make treeview act like treeview in Outlook

2. Like Treeview AND NOT Like Treeview

3. Copying TreeView nodes to another TreeView

4. Drag/drop from Explorer TreeView to my VB TreeView

5. Drag from Treeview to Treeview

6. Copying a treeview to another treeview

7. Help needed with Treeview/Sheridan Treeview

8. Drag from Treeview to Treeview

9. TreeView :Flicker in TreeView-control

10. Drag/drop from Explorer TreeView to my VB TreeView

11. Treeview Painting Bug! 1 node shown twice in same treeview!

12. Keeping the node highlighted in a TreeView after the Treeview has lost focus?