Enum of type String?
Author Message
 Enum of type String?

no, enums in most languagues and in VB are nothing more than named values
for constants (within a type -- the enum).

Quote:
>Is it possible in VB declare Enum of type string?

>For example this gives compiler error:

>Public Enum Operation

>    opOpen = "open
>    opPrint = "print"
>    opExplore = "explore"

>End Enum

>Thank you in advance
>David

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Enum of type String?

Quote:
> no, enums in most languagues and in VB are nothing more than named values
> for constants (within a type -- the enum).

Not just constants, but long integer constants. (Constants can be other
things besides long integers, of course). -- Ken

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Enum of type String?
Is it possible in VB declare Enum of type string?

For example this gives compiler error:

Public Enum Operation

    opOpen = "open
    opPrint = "print"
    opExplore = "explore"

End Enum

Thank you in advance
David

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Enum String Value (deriving from a Type Name and an Integer)

2. Retrive Enum Value if I have Enum Constant Name as a String

3. type enum

4. Enum Type Declaration

5. Shared Property and Enum Types

6. convert short to enum type?

7. Enum or Type?

8. Const Vs. Enum -- Newbie-type question

9. VB5 Enum type problem

10. Enum data type conversion problem!

11. enum type as array offset

12. Enum data types