Passing Parameters
Author Message
 Passing Parameters

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:19:55 -0800, "Italo S Weiss"

Quote:

>How do I pass a paremeter to my program and check the parameter inside the
>program.

If you're thinking of command-line parameters, use the
Command$-function.

Trond Solberg
Systems Consultant
Mandatum as
----

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing Parameters

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:19:55 -0800, "Italo S Weiss"

Quote:

>How do I pass a paremeter to my program and check the parameter inside the
>program.

You can use Command$ (see Help) to examine the command string used to
start your program. This will allow you to pass the parameter once,
when your program is started.  If you need to pass different
parameters to your RUNNING program, you have to code for either using
the Clipboard, or some other "external" storage for the parameter.
Your app needs also to be notified of the fact that reactivation is
necessary. The simpliest way is to use SendKeys with some weird key
combination.

Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing Parameters

Quote:

> How do I pass a paremeter to my program and check the parameter inside the
> program.

Italo,
        You are in for a treat. A little used but powerful tool is the VBSQL
object packaged with VB4.0 Developer tools. With this model you can pass
as many parameters as you have the nerve for and then use SQL trace (6.5
only) to check the value or ref of the parameter you are passing. If you
need to buy the oxc and bas don't order the developer tools for MS, but
rather buy the book "The Hitchhiker's guide to VB." This book comes with
a CD with all the necessary files. If you need any help, get in touch

Good Luck

Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing Parameters

Quote:

> How do I pass a paremeter to my program and check the parameter inside the
> program.

All of this stuff is cool (OLE, etc.), but the mentioned command string
works well.  For on the fly stuff, create a simple disk file and have
your application check for it on startup (or with a timer), read it,
then optionally delete it.

I've used this method successfully over LANs and more.

Chas Callaway

Thu, 22 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing Parameters

Quote:

> =
> How do I pass a paremeter to my program and check the parameter inside =
the
> program.

If YOUR program was generated in Visual Basic the only thing you must to
do is check the command() or command$() function. This funciton stores
the parameters passed to your program.

(scuse my bad english, i=B4m from Cordoba Argentina)

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. passing parameter to a parameter query

2. Passing Parameters to stored parameter queries using VB 5's Data Controls

3. Passing Parameters into a Pass-Through Query

4. Passing parameters to SQLServer using a Pass-Through query

5. How to pass parameter while openining ole embeded word doc from access table

6. Passing Parameters to Store Procedures

7. Passing parameter

8. Passing Parameter [AutoRun] by Command Line

9. Testing a Passed Parameter

10. Newbie: Passing Parameters to a passthrough qry pt 2

11. Passing parameters

12. problem passing parameters from VB5 to WORD97