HELP!! Round robin scheduling algorythem
Author Message
 HELP!! Round robin scheduling algorythem

A friend of mine and I are putting together an Excel macro program using VBA
and we're running into a problem. We can't find an algorithm to automate the
even distribution of teams to playing areas, i.e., 10 teams, 9 rounds, 5
playing areas, we want each team to play in 4 playing areas twice and one
playing area once. Is there a cookbook for something like that? If so where
do I find it on the 'net?

Thanx,
Chris

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!! Round robin scheduling algorythem
I'd be very surprised if Donald Knuth doesn't have an algorithm for this in
his Art of Computer Programming books.

Quote:
> A friend of mine and I are putting together an Excel macro program using
VBA
> and we're running into a problem. We can't find an algorithm to automate
the
> even distribution of teams to playing areas, i.e., 10 teams, 9 rounds, 5
> playing areas, we want each team to play in 4 playing areas twice and one
> playing area once. Is there a cookbook for something like that? If so
where
> do I find it on the 'net?

> Thanx,
> Chris

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!! Round robin scheduling algorythem
Try it first by assigning to each area two home teams. Then
the assignments for each round will fall into place.

If there is no natural way to do this, then there are many more
ways to do each round.

Erl

Quote:

>A friend of mine and I are putting together an Excel macro program using
VBA
>and we're running into a problem. We can't find an algorithm to automate
the
>even distribution of teams to playing areas, i.e., 10 teams, 9 rounds, 5
>playing areas, we want each team to play in 4 playing areas twice and one
>playing area once. Is there a cookbook for something like that? If so where
>do I find it on the 'net?

>Thanx,
>Chris

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP!! Round robin scheduling algorythem

2. Mail Rules - Forward Round Robin

3. Round Robin Threading

4. HELP : Who knowns MCLIST32.OCX from McKean Consulting (Robin W McKean)

5. Round buttons round forms

6. Help with module to round

7. Rounding Currency In Reports - Help !!

8. specific round problem, please help

9. Help In Rounding Numbers

10. Rounding Time Expressions - HELP

11. Help! Getting started with a scheduling application

12. Rounding up/down - Help