Quick Basic/Visual Basic source code
Author Message
 Quick Basic/Visual Basic source code

I have a customer with the source code from a Quick Basic program.  They
want to be able to compile the code to run in a Windows environment.  Will
Visual Basic work for this or is there another way to port the code over to
another compiler?

Thanks,
Rob

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Quick Basic/Visual Basic source code
"To run in Windows" might mean executing in a (DOS) Window, and that's
fairly easy :-)

If the QBasic program has to be converted to a Windows program, you should
look at the user interface first, because that has to be rewritten in whole.
If the core routines can be isolated (i.e. some specific math stuff), these
could be transferred to a *.bas module of a VB program as subroutines to
save some time. But with the current, often much more powerful, functions of
VB, it is in most cases wiser to start from scratch, taking only the
functionality of the old program.

John Tegelaar

Rob Johnson heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:
>I have a customer with the source code from a Quick Basic program.  They
>want to be able to compile the code to run in a Windows environment.  Will
>Visual Basic work for this or is there another way to port the code over to
>another compiler?

>Thanks,
>Rob

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

2. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

3. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

4. QUICK BASIC & VISUAL BASIC 4.0 /5.0

5. quick basic to visual basic HELP

6. Quick Basic files in Visual Basic?

7. Quick Basic to Visual Basic Translator?

8. Converting Quick Basic 4.5 to Visual Basic 5.0

9. quick basic to visual basic HELP

10. Converting Quick Basic to Visual Basic

11. Quick Basic Vs Visual Basic

12. Convert hp basic code to visual basic code