Setup program in VB 5 can only run on one PC
Author Message
 Setup program in VB 5 can only run on one PC

Hi

I developed a communication program, using MScomm32.ocx, using VB5
enterprise edition.
I can run my program without any problem on my PC. When I use the VB 5 setup
program to create my setup program, and installed it on (2 PC - reformatted
them), I first got a message telling me that some of my files are newer than
the one in the PC.  After I allowed the new program to replace the old ones,
I was ask to reboot the PC.
After  I rebooted the PC, I went on and completed my installation.
But when I started my program , I got the following message :
Run time error 713
cannot locate
CLS ID {00000010-.....}
But when I install my program on another PC with VB5 , there was no proglem.

Regards

John

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'Canned' data in VB program

2. running vb programs on various pc changes settings

3. Running VB5 programs from CD without using a setup program

4. VB 6: Setup-Programs dont' run

5. VB - Setup Wizard - Run SETUP.exe

6. VB 5.0 and VB 6.0 applications on the one PC

7. Q: One setup program for 16/32-Bit

8. Transfer File from one PC to another PC on LAN using winsock

9. How can I get PC id of one machine on my network from another PC o

10. Need to run BASIC2C program on PC.

11. Run VB app directly from CD without running setup

12. How to run compiled (VB5/Access 7) program on different PC