Orienting my objects
Author Message
 Orienting my objects

Dear people -
    I am trying to build an object oriented system to represent a theatre in
VB. I am creating a hierarchy of objects where the object 'theatre' contains
an unspecified number - at least at design time - ofl 'actor' objects. These
are implemented as seperate classes.

    The problem is that I want to access the functionality of the 'actor'
objects at design time and yet they only created as an object array at
run-time.

    Am I going about this in the right way?

    Any help or ponters to useful reference texts would be great.

    Thanks in advance
                                        Rob Clowes
                                        London England

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Orienting my objects

Rob

Given that you have a Theatre class and an Actor class, Theatre needs to
be a Collection.

Then you can access the Actors through the standard Collection methods
and properties.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'accessing the functionality of the
'actor' objects at design time'.

Regards
{*filter*}

Quote:

>Dear people -
>    I am trying to build an object oriented system to represent a
theatre in
>VB. I am creating a hierarchy of objects where the object 'theatre'
contains
>an unspecified number - at least at design time - ofl 'actor' objects.
These
>are implemented as seperate classes.

>    The problem is that I want to access the functionality of the
'actor'
>objects at design time and yet they only created as an object array at
>run-time.

>    Am I going about this in the right way?

>    Any help or ponters to useful reference texts would be great.

>    Thanks in advance
>                                        Rob Clowes
>                                        London England

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA-assigning an OLE-object to an Ole-object-field

2. ActiveX-object can't make object - error

3. Determining Object Types in Bound Object Control

4. Calliing object method with object argument

5. Automating object insertion into an OLE Object field

6. How to store object to an object array?

7. OLEFormat.Object use with linked objects

8. Adding objects to a collection object

9. Range object, Selection object

10. Convert a Picture Object to an InlineShape Object

11. Object missing in UserForm's object cbo-box

12. Multiple Forms Question: Object reference not set to an instance of an object