VB 6.0 EE 64K limit
Author Message
 VB 6.0 EE 64K limit

I took over a project and every time I try to compile, I get this msg:
'Fixed or static data can't be larger than 64K'. This happens every time
even though I haven't touched the code yet. When I look at the code for the
class module, though, it doesn't use any STATIC variables, BUT, it does use
a lot of variables defined as UDTs. These UDTs are, in turn, composed of
more UDTs. Someone from my group mentioned that these nested UDT definitions
(please excuse me if I'm using the wrong terms) may be using too much
resources (> 64K). What is the best way to 'fix' this problem? I can't even
get the project to compile, much less make any changes.

Thanks in advance

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 EE 64K limit
Hi-
    Cut & Pasted from a previous post...
Joe
___________snip___________________________________________
    Check out this Knowledge Base article. It's not exactly
what you're talking about, but you may be able to use the"fix".

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/1/40.asp?FR=0

    I once got this error when I was handed some mainframe
C++ code that was used in a financial calculation. A know_it_all
C programmer said "Oh yeah, all they have to do to use this in
Windows is compile it into a DLL- no changes necessary." I
made it work, just to spite 'em. The user defined type was
38k, with several arrays of other UDTs incorporated. All the strings
I declared as byte arrays, a little fiddling here, a little
adjusting there...
___________snip___________________________________________

 Microsoft Developer MVP- Visual Basic
 Check out Yankee Clipper Plus- August 98 PCComputing
 Mag "Amazing Free Stuff: Programs and Power Toys"
 http://www.tiac.net/users/lvasseur/ycphome.html
 "He preaches well that lives well, quoth Sancho; that's
 all the divinity I understand." Miguel de Cervantes
 PS- Please reply to the newsgroup- except in the
 case of flames, insults, etc. (Don't bother.)

Quote:

>I took over a project and every time I try to compile, I get this msg:
>'Fixed or static data can't be larger than 64K'. This happens every time
>even though I haven't touched the code yet. When I look at the code for the
>class module, though, it doesn't use any STATIC variables, BUT, it does use
>a lot of variables defined as UDTs. These UDTs are, in turn, composed of
>more UDTs. Someone from my group mentioned that these nested UDT
definitions
>(please excuse me if I'm using the wrong terms) may be using too much
>resources (> 64K). What is the best way to 'fix' this problem? I can't even
>get the project to compile, much less make any changes.

>Thanks in advance

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6.0 EE 64K limit

2. PB 64k limit & output limit

3. 64k-Limits of VB 4 in 32-Bit-APIs

4. 64K limit in VB 3.0

5. J'acuse - VB 64k symbol limit ??

6. VB 6.0 EE (SP2) crashes in design time

7. Out of Memory Error & 64K memory limit

8. Breaking 64k segment limit on QuickBASIC

9. HELP!! 64K limit using QBASIC

10. String Limit on 64K (Help, Please)

11. Help with text field 64K limit

12. 64k limit on memo field, not?