opening a program
Author Message
 opening a program

Hi Randy,

So what you are saying that each program path needs to be in it's own
registry key. I did this, I have the full path saved to the registry.
(c:\directory\whatever\file.exe ,  This is how it's saved in the
registry.)

Now if I save a file like this, and go to the section of my program to
run
or open it, it works. I am using a command button, when clicked it calls
the registry settings and opens the program. But if I leave to another
section of my program to open another program. One that was saved early
I get a message that the file is no good or that can't find it. But if I
go and resave the file and then open it, it works. Now the other program
won't open.

Here is the code I am using to open the programs.

Private Sub cmdRunXwing_Click()

Dim iret As Long

   iret = ShellExecute(Me.hwnd, _
    vbNullString, _
    "" + GetSetting("some key", "myprogram", "some program", "DEFAULT
VALUE 1"), _
    vbNullString, _
    "", _
    SW_SHOWNORMAL)

End Sub

#If Win32 Then
Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib _
    "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" _
    (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
    ByVal lpOperation As String, _
    ByVal lpFile As String, _
    ByVal lpParameters As String, _
    ByVal lpDirectory As String, _
    ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

#Else
    Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib _
    "shell.dll" Alias "ShellExecute" _
    (ByVal hwnd As Integer, _
    ByVal lpOperation As String, _
    ByVal lpFile As String, _

ByVal lpParameters As String, _
    ByVal lpDirectory As String, _
    ByVal nShowCmd As Integer) As Integer

#End If

Private Const SW_SHOWNORMAL = 1

I'm also using the savesettings to save the path info

Combo1.Text = "" + UCase(CommonDialog1.filename)
        SaveSetting "some key", "myprogram", "some program", "" +
LCase(CommonDialog1.filename)
        Combo1.AddItem Combo1.Text

Am I doing something wrong here?  Most of the programs that I will be
opening would be dos programs.

Any help would be aprecaited.

Robert

Quote:

--
Onyx Graphics
Complete Website, Graphics & Software Development
ICQ:  1056982
Phone: 201-484-5628

Homepage; http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~warfire

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 opening a program

[...]

1. Opening another program from Access...

2. Opening Excel program from Word

3. Question on Opening External programs

4. Open multiple programs?

5. Open a program in a Form

6. Using VB6 to Open Other Programs

7. Opening another program from VB application

8. Opening A Program Part II

9. open default program by extension...

10. Open Associated Program

11. OPening a program