Newbie on VB needs some help
Author Message
 Newbie on VB needs some help

I am a fairly new to VB.  For the moment I use the VB5.0.  I am looking for
a way to copy a selected text from an application (might be any app with an
input field) and copy it into my application that is running in the
background.  I tried it via the clipboard but of course as soon as you copy
something to the clipboard the clipboard application opens.  Also, if I
recieve the information again from the clipboard into my application, my
application gets the focus.  The meaning is that my application stays in
the background without the focus.If you can just give me a hint like an API
or something.

TXS

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie on VB needs some help
Gerald,
You might look at DDE ( Dynamic Data Exchange ) with a little work it's a
fantastic way to exchange data between applications.

Good Luck,
Phil

Quote:
>I am a fairly new to VB.  For the moment I use the VB5.0.  I am looking for
>a way to copy a selected text from an application (might be any app with an
>input field) and copy it into my application that is running in the
>background.  I tried it via the clipboard but of course as soon as you copy
>something to the clipboard the clipboard application opens.  Also, if I
>recieve the information again from the clipboard into my application, my
>application gets the focus.  The meaning is that my application stays in
>the background without the focus.If you can just give me a hint like an API
>or something.

>TXS

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Report to look at SQL Data source ( VB / CR newbie needs help)

2. Please Help Newbie Crystal Report / VB help needed.

3. Newbie needs help Using DOS in VB

4. Newbie needs vb code help for report

5. Newbie needs some help creating a VB Macro for Text Conversion

6. vb.net newbie needs help with basic XML parsing

7. newbie needs help printing in vb.net

8. VB.NET newbie needs help!

9. vb.net newbie needs help with picture viewer program

10. Newbie need Help with VB and Networks

11. newbie needs help w VB and sql statement

12. Newbie needs help on SQL in VB