Progress bar in status bar panel - how?
Author Message
 Progress bar in status bar panel - how?

Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get a progress bar into a status
bar panel?  I'd like to have something like VB has when it shows the
progress of loading and compiling an application.

Thanks
Rick

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Progress bar in status bar panel - how?
You cannot get a progressbar onto a status bar. what you need to do add Status
bar control
onto the form Then add a progress bar onto it with the same height as that of
the panel Set the Zorder of the status bar and then programatically change the
visible status of the Progress Bar.

hope this helps

Srikanth

Quote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get a progress bar into a status
> bar panel?  I'd like to have something like VB has when it shows the
> progress of loading and compiling an application.

> Thanks
> Rick

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Progress bar in status bar panel - how?
@cts.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.syntax

Create a picture box and set it to align bottom.
Then stick your progress bar in it as well as any other labels you want.
You can use the resize event on the picture box to vary the length of the
progress bar.

Srikanth had a good idea about hiding the progress bar, but I prefer to
replace the bottom of the screen completely by hiding the status bar. Oh,
don't forget to set the picture box's background to transparent if you want
to see them both.

Personally though, I think popup windows that show the progress and offer a
cancel button to be more effective. The status bar version should only be
used in Web Browser style programs where the user can interact with
partially loaded pages. Otherwise, why tease them. I normally use

set wait = new frmWait
wait.show
~For/Do
~commands
Do Events
if wait.outCancel=true exit sub
~next/loop

Greywolf Ghost

Quote:
>Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get a progress bar into a status
>bar panel?  I'd like to have something like VB has when it shows the
>progress of loading and compiling an application.

>Thanks
>Rick

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5: Adding Progress Bar To Status Bar Panel?

2. Progress Bar in Status Bar Panel ?

3. Progress bar in a Status bar panel?

4. Adding a Progress Bar to a Status Bar panel

5. Progress Bar and Status Panel or ListView

6. Keeping a progress bar in a status panel

7. Status Bar/Progress Bar

8. Progress bar in status bar for .NET

9. Progress Bar in Status Bar

10. Progress bar on a status bar