Draw lines on the MDI child form...
Author Message
 Draw lines on the MDI child form...

I think so. Make sure that you set the form.autoredraw property to True.
Use the Line/PSet/Circle etc methods

Wed, 23 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Draw lines on the MDI child form...

Quote:

> I did it already on the parent form...
> As you know, there is no autoredraw propoerty on the child MDI form...

An MDI Child form is just like any other Form, there is an AutoRedraw
property.

Quote:

> When I tried to use Line control, or other control,
> VB 5 said "Control with no align property can not be directly arranged on
> the MDI form...

> What am I gonna do?

Put the line on the MDI child, as you said you were attempting to do:

Quote:
> First of all, I loaded some picture file(sample.bmp) on the MDI child
> form...

> After that, I'd like to draw some lines above that picture on the MDI child
> form...

LFS

Wed, 23 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Draw lines on the MDI child form...
First of all, I loaded some picture file(sample.bmp) on the MDI child
form...

After that, I'd like to draw some lines above that picture on the MDI child
form...

Can I do that?

June

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Draw lines on the MDI child form...
I did it already on the parent form...
As you know, there is no autoredraw propoerty on the child MDI form...

When I tried to use Line control, or other control,
VB 5 said "Control with no align property can not be directly arranged on
the MDI form...

What am I gonna do?

June

??o?????...

Quote:
>I think so. Make sure that you set the form.autoredraw property to True.
>Use the Line/PSet/Circle etc methods

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Draw lines on the MDI child form...

Quote:
>I did it already on the parent form...
>As you know, there is no autoredraw propoerty on the child MDI form...

>When I tried to use Line control, or other control,
>VB 5 said "Control with no align property can not be directly arranged on
>the MDI form...

Your terminology is wrong. You are attempting to draw on the parent MDI
form, not a child form.

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Draw lines on the MDI child form...
I asked close to the same question (except it was to draw a picture on this
form without the use of a control).  The reply I got was:

Declare Function FindWindowEx& Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowExA" (ByVal _
hWndParent&, ByVal hWndChildAfter&, ByVal lpClassName$, ByVal
lpWindowName$)

Dim hwnd&
hwnd = FindWindowEx(MDIForm.hwnd, 0, "mdiclient", vbNullstring)

I have not yet had a chance to test it out, but this might help you.
Another thing you will have to do with this is get the DC (think the API is
GetDC) of the HWND that is returned, then do the drawing operations on the
DC.  After that, don't forget to release the DC (API = ReleaseDC)

--
Later,
Jody

http://www.visual-statement.com/vb

Quote:
> First of all, I loaded some picture file(sample.bmp) on the MDI child
> form...

> After that, I'd like to draw some lines above that picture on the MDI
child
> form...

> Can I do that?

> June

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Draw lines on the MDI child form...
Try using Line and Circle methods of the MDIForm, if they exist.Then, in
the Form_Paint() event, write the code that you use to draw the lines. This
will ensure that the lines are redrawn when the form is uncovered etc.

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Draw lines on the MDI child form...

2. Draw lines on the MDI child form...

3. Draw lines on the MDI child form...

4. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

5. Draw a line connecting two/more child forms

6. Drawing lines on an MDI form

7. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

8. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

9. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form

10. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form

11. MDI child forms on top of a picture on a MDI form

12. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms